Author Topic: ACL hotels  (Read 1409 times)

Vas Deferens

ACL hotels
« on: May 10, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Ummm, any recommendations esp. downtown hotels...I've been looking and they're either sold out or very expensive...
(_|_)

eltee

Re: ACL hotels
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »
I liked the Hampton Inn. Not so close to the park, but well, there's all sorts of transport happening, right? I also don't know their ACL rates but for SX, they were average.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »
I got a room with two queen beds for 3 nights at the Renaissance Austin at 189/night. Not bad for a festival weekend! And it's only about 7 miles away from Ziegler Park.
Woof.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
That's walkable, right? Is the second bed for me, or are we sharing?

Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  I got a room with two queen beds for 3 nights at the Renaissance Austin at 189/night. Not bad for a festival weekend! And it's only about 7 miles away from Ziegler Park.

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:

Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
[/b]
Hahahaha! 7 miles might seem far, but really it isn't! I stayed there in 2004 for ACL and it was AMAZING. It was a $25 cab ride split between 3 other people. Can't beat that! Plus the hotel is across the street from four REALLY awesome places to eat/get drunk. I cant remember the name of it, but one spot had this blackberry cobbler that was just...PHENOMENAL. And then the BBQ...just...ridiculously good!
Woof.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 05:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
rhett, please.  you're bearly able to take one night off to go to the club, we're supposed to believe you're going to austin for an entire weekend?  :D

(in all seriousness, will you be at the son volt show next week?  i could buy you that beer if you were...)
<sig>