Author Topic: BDB: One plus one is one  (Read 1546 times)

vansmack

BDB: One plus one is one
« on: July 21, 2004, 07:09:00 pm »
For those that were too cheap to buy the import, listen to Badly Drawn Boys upcoming US release  "One Plus One is One" here.
27>34

brennser

Re: BDB: One plus one is one
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 09:47:00 am »

markie

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 10:02:00 am »
A three from pitchfork......

Umm, that means I will probably like it then. Only if they had given it a 10 would I have started to worry.... Although the reviewer was almost right about the last two albums being a flacid one-two punch...... Actually I rather llike about a boy, considering it is a film soundtrack as well I think it was an inspired effort.

joz

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
the pitchfork reviewer echoed my feelings about BDB...hour of the bewilderbeast was a great album, but everything since has been a disappointment.  have you fed the fish may be the worst sophmore release to follow such an impressive debut album.  so damon's downward spiral into cheese pop infamy continues...

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 11:54:00 am »
I'd rather read Nick Hornby's commentary on music than the commentary of all the jealous little pricks at Pitchfork.

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 01:14:00 pm »
Geez, when you've got an opportunity to listen to an album for free and forming your own opinion, why even bother reading a review?
27>34

joz

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 04:11:00 pm »
actually i've listened to the album and, like the PF reviewer, i think it's really weak.  i take album reviews at face value (especially pitchfork)and make my own opinion once i've listened to it myself.  i just think the guy was right on with his review today.  damon gough blew his load on the first album; personally, i don't think he has another good one in him. it's sad, really.