Author Topic: Condi, Condi  (Read 1579 times)

Condi, Condi
« on: July 28, 2004, 09:55:00 am »
What's a left wing folksinger to do when he's fallen for a right wing woman? Write a song about her, of course. First, John Walker's blues, now this...

Steve Earle's spice? A Condi-ment
 Condoleezza Rice, sex symbol? If you're Steve Earle, she is. The rebel cowboy professes his love for Rice in the song "Condi, Condi" on his new CD "The Revolution Starts...Now" in what might just be the first love song to a national security adviser. "You be the flower and I'll be the bumblebee/Oh she loves me; oops, she loves me not/ People say you're cold, but I think you're hot." The country singer also croons: "They say you're too uptight, I say you're not/Dance around me spinnin' like a top/Oh, Condi, Condi, don't ever stop." While cynics may see the song as satire, Earle sincerely believes her power is an aphrodisiac. He recently told a skeptical writer for the music magazine Ice, "Well, don't you think she's kind of hot?" A White House spokeswoman for Rice, herself a classical pianist, told us: "I don't think we'll be commenting on that."

thirsty moore

Re: Condi, Condi
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 10:18:00 am »
So would she be his 7th or 8th wife?

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 10:22:00 am »
7th marriage, if I remember correctly. Though he married one of them twice.

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 11:17:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
 "Well, don't you think she's kind of hot?"
Yuck. Not only do I find her physically unattractive, everytime she opens her mouth I hear sleezy political spin.

thirsty moore

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 11:49:00 am »
GGW totally has a photo of Condi on his wall.

ggw

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
  GGW totally has a photo of Condi on his wall.
Yeah.  So?   What's your point?

thirsty moore

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 11:55:00 am »
There was a party I went to about a year ago in Dupont where the guy that lived there had a framed photo of Reagan hanging on the wall.

Medusa

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:
 There was a party I went to about a year ago in Dupont where the guy that lived there had a framed photo of Reagan hanging on the wall.
Deja vu.  I think this might have been talked about in another thread a while ago, so I might be repeating myself: I had the same thing happen - only it wasn't at a friend's house.

I guess it is no wonder things went as they did ...

Cheers

DJ Medusa.