Author Topic: Band Dies in Crash  (Read 5030 times)

Mongo

Re: Band Dies in Crash
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2003, 03:17:00 pm »
For some reason I remember them.  My brother had a cd of theres.  Didn't the surviving members go on to form another band?

Random Citizen

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2003, 10:21:00 pm »
Yep, the For Squirrels story is very similar to what happened to the Exploding Hearts. They were on the road touring and a tire blew out.

The song was called "Mighty K.C." (as in Kurt Cobain -- people thought the band was cursed because that song came out about a year after Kurt's suicide). The album, Example, is pretty good. You can hear REM influences (think Murmur or Document).

The surviving band members did carry on, but I can't remember what they renamed the band. Very sad story.  :(

Originally posted by redsock:
  Remember that band, For Squirrels, they had a decent album in the mid 90's, and they lost a few folks, including the singer, in a van crash...just thoguht of them. They had that decent single... mighty casey or something like that.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2003, 08:56:00 am »
The remaining For Squirrels members became Subrosa, who appear to have broken up as well.
T.Rex

paige

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2003, 09:19:00 am »
Originally posted by The Bombay Doorsâ?˘:
  They still got off luckier than this guy.
make fun of him if you want, but that really does suck. what a horrible way to live your life.

mankie

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2003, 10:19:00 am »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
 [QB]  

The song was called "Mighty K.C." (as in Kurt Cobain -- people thought the band was cursed because that song came out about a year after Kurt's suicide). The album, Example, is pretty good. You can hear REM influences (think Murmur or Document).

A band that sounds like REM and sings about Cobain (didn't he spell his name "Curt" by the way?) sounds like something I would really enjoy...NOT!

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2003, 10:28:00 am »
Kurt Cobain
 Curt Gowdy

Venerable Bede

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2003, 10:39:00 am »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
 [QB] The song was called "Mighty K.C." (as in Kurt Cobain -- people thought the band was cursed because that song came out about a year after Kurt's suicide).
mighty k.c. was a great song.  i have the video on tape somewhere.
OU812

mankie

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2003, 10:43:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Kurt Cobain
 Curt Gowdy
Curt Hansen (my attorney)

I know I've seen Cobain's name spelled with a "C" because I thought it was a "K" so that's why I noticed it...anyway, do we really care? Let's move on.