Author Topic: BJM streaming audio  (Read 2591 times)

SPARX

BJM streaming audio
« on: July 23, 2003, 05:44:00 pm »

SPARX

Re: BJM streaming audio
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 05:55:00 pm »
By the way,it's not all BJM.It also has bands from Antons label "the Committee to keep music evil"as well as some of his personal faves.Good stuff!!

SPARX

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 05:20:00 pm »
Was listening to this and came across a band called John Sparrow.Can anybody shed any light on this group?I'm really diggin it,never heard of them before.

jadetree

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 05:27:00 pm »

SPARX

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 05:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:
  http://www.bomp.com/JohnSparrow.html
Thanks<I've had trouble accessing the Bomp site from work lately for some reason.I'll be on the lookout for a tour,good stuff.

ggw

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 03:48:00 pm »
From the eminently quotable Anton:

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2003/08/0804.cfm

markie

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 04:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  From the eminently quotable Anton:

funny, because when we met him he was as nice as could be. Not even romotely the person the interview makes him out to be.

jadetree

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 05:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by markie:
  funny, because when we met him he was as nice as could be. Not even romotely the person the interview makes him out to be.
he was pretty strange, you dont remember his tirade about paul mccartney or any of the other weird things he did

don't you remember what an asshole he was on stage?

markie

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 05:08:00 pm »

he was pretty strange, you dont remember his tirade about paul mccartney or any of the other weird things he did

don't you remember what an asshole he was on stage? [/QB][/QUOTE]

Maybe I am just Anton (without the talent) waiting to happen. I F$%#^$# hate Paul Twat head McCartney, so I dont think a tirade against the pathetic old git is out of the ordinary. He wasnt so bad on stage either. Its not like he was in Arlo or anything.

jadetree

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2003, 05:11:00 pm »

Maybe I am just Anton (without the talent) waiting to happen. I F$%#^$# hate Paul Twat head McCartney, so I dont think a tirade against the pathetic old git is out of the ordinary. He wasnt so bad on stage either. Its not like he was in Arlo or anything.
he was pretty bad on stage, criticizing the other guys in the band over the smallest perceived miscues, it was like watching a child lead a band

markie

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2003, 05:14:00 pm »

he was pretty bad on stage, criticizing the other guys in the band over the smallest perceived miscues, it was like watching a child lead a band [/b]
He only made a couple of comments from what I remember and only one of them was really harsh. But it's clear it's his show and he knows how he wants things done. I am fine with that.

ggw

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2003, 05:15:00 pm »
I think we've stumbled upon the perfect board name for Markie.

markie

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2003, 05:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I think we've stumbled upon the perfect board name for Markie.
excellent idea.

Just remember nothing is impossible, everything is permitted. I only answer to god. My bandmates only answer to me. I am their god.

SPARX

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2003, 03:42:00 pm »
 [[/qb]
He only made a couple of comments from what I remember and only one of them was really harsh. But it's clear it's his show and he knows how he wants things done. I am fine with that. [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                            He is definitely his own man.Speaks his mind and if you disagree,so be it.He will change for no-one.I admire that, but it has definitely hurt his career.Sometimes it's all about compromise,and that's not in his dictionary.One talented individual though,no doubt abut it!