Author Topic: Sigur Ros...  (Read 4319 times)

wanderingstar

Sigur Ros...
« on: February 09, 2003, 09:54:00 pm »
Anyone attending? Excited?

paige

Re: Sigur Ros...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 10:24:00 pm »
i cannot wait for this show. it's going to be amazing.. and with the article in SPIN this month i bet more people will be there

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 10:32:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B>  with the article in SPIN this month i bet more people will be there</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>baaaaa..........baaaaaaa!!!!

wanderingstar

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 10:38:00 pm »
yea the were one of the bands who recived a lagre section...theyre amazing...havent seen them live yet so im veryyyy excited

Barcelona

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 01:02:00 am »
I will be there because I think that it may be something different and original. However, I have not been that impressed by their last album. Should I expect the show to be way too quiet?

jadetree

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 01:11:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barcelona:<BR><B>I will be there because I think that it may be something different and original. However, I have not been that impressed by their last album. Should I expect the show to be way too quiet?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well if it is anything like the Lincoln theater show it will be pretty mellow, was actually great to be sitting down, I don't expect it to be as good at the 9:30.

Barcelona

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 01:27:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> Well if it is anything like the Lincoln theater show it will be pretty mellow, was actually great to be sitting down, I don't expect it to be as good at the 9:30.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't know, I hope there are some interesting visual effects or something that makes it interesting, otherwise I can fall asleep. The music is not bad, but it lacks something.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 01:38:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barcelona:<BR><B> I don't know, I hope there are some interesting visual effects or something that makes it interesting, otherwise I can fall asleep. The music is not bad, but it lacks something.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I like their videos, especially their latest for "Untitled 1(Vaka)", but for me listening to their music on it's own gets a bit tedious.

myuman

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 07:30:00 am »
This topic came up before and like I always said.... A bunch of overhyped guys conversing in icelandic is nothing more than unique.  But my take on it after observing this band rise up over the past couple of years is.... yeah, something is missing.  But the "hype train" moves with a lot of inertia.... so their recent "craze" is not suprising.  I honeslty wouldn't mind attending, but my wife will be extremely prego at that time... and after a yawning Spiritualize experience in my past.... I'm going to pass on this one.

paige

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2003, 10:53:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barcelona:<BR><B> I don't know, I hope there are some interesting visual effects or something that makes it interesting, otherwise I can fall asleep. The music is not bad, but it lacks something.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>i wish that the club would make it a sit down show. because i do love their music but yes, it is a bit on the somniferous side. oh well.  i dont think it lacks anything... in music today everyone is trying to make their sound so crazy and loud and in your face. its about time there is a band that is so mellow you want to take a nap but so beautiful you can't help staying up to listen to it.<P>and yeah, about the Spin article.. i'm not happy that a lot of people might come now because of that. i wish it were like 10 people with big comfy couches and pillows so it would feel like they were playing in your living room.

jadetree

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2003, 11:22:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paige:<BR><B> <BR>i wish that the club would make it a sit down show. because i do love their music but yes, it is a bit on the somniferous side. oh well.  i dont think it lacks anything... in music today everyone is trying to make their sound so crazy and loud and in your face. its about time there is a band that is so mellow you want to take a nap but so beautiful you can't help staying up to listen to it.<P>and yeah, about the Spin article.. i'm not happy that a lot of people might come now because of that. i wish it were like 10 people with big comfy couches and pillows so it would feel like they were playing in your living room.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am pretty sure it would have been close to a sellout anyway, why do people read spin anyway, its awful.

paige

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 05:04:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> I am pretty sure it would have been close to a sellout anyway, why do people read spin anyway, its awful.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>it has gone down a lot over the past years... but sometimes there are some pretty clever articles. rolling stone has sucked even worse

not too shabby

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2003, 06:45:00 pm »
Did anyone see them when they played 930 before (maybe Sept. or Oct. 2001, can't remember)?  I went, but it was sold out when I got there.

thirsty moore

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2003, 06:54:00 pm »
Yes, it was Sept. 25th, 2001.  It was crowded and my back hurt.  I left early.