Author Topic: Anyone live round Gaithersburg?/Help me p-p-please  (Read 1936 times)

iZAC

Anyone live round Gaithersburg?/Help me p-p-please
« on: February 10, 2003, 12:51:00 am »
Hey I just moved here from Hawaii. <BR>I have moved in with my parents in Gaithersburg and I have no idea of how to get anywhere besides Germantown and in between here there oh and where Victor litz music store and as well as Chuck Levin's are respectively.(for the musicians out there) Only used 355 to drive on. <BR>My request is this, I am on the mainland there are finally good shows all around me and I don't know how to get to any of them.<BR>(I've missed the Donna's twice, Apples in Stereo, and Johnny Marr that I can remember) I don't wan to miss any more and was wondering if there was anyone who lived close to me that could help show me the way to some shows ar at least the venues locations. Also It just kind of sucks going alone and was hopeing if not without a prayer to try to make some new friends since my old ones are a little out of driving range. <P><BR>Ok. also if anyone skimming the boards here also alternately wants to try starting a band I am a guitarist with three years off and on of rhythem playing and am looking into lessons, I'm not that great but I try hard as hell to do my best (my ambition will not be the weak link)I also play drums but don't have a set right now. (Just thought I'd add that.<P>finally <BR>1. Anyone willing to put up some time to help their fellow man<P>2. You lazy Bastard jerk, hey wanna start a band<P>oh an I guess some info <BR>I'm 19/male/Gaithersburg moved from kaneohe HI 96744<P>I like most punk music, some alt rock, Blues, some country, basically most rock, and rock equivilents.<BR>Hate:standard modern country, rap-metal/scream pop, souless crap money music and Pop singer fans<P>yep, thanks<BR>Isaac <BR>

jadetree

Re: Anyone live round Gaithersburg?/Help me p-p-please
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 01:08:00 am »
Here is yahoo maps' directions from gaithersburg to 14th and U, which will put you pretty close to right in between the Black Cat and 9:30.<P>1.  Start on N FREDERICK AVE  0.0   <BR>2.  Turn Left on CHESTNUT ST  0.3   <BR>3.  Turn Right on W DIAMOND AVE  0.5   <BR>4.  Turn Left to take the I-270 SOUTH ramp  0.3   <BR>5.  Merge on I-270 SOUTH  10.7   <BR>6.  Continue on I-495 INNERLOOP/I-495 EAST  1.5   <BR>7.  Take the CONNECTICUT AVENUE/MD-185 exit towards CHEVY CHASE, exit #33  0.3   <BR>8.  Continue on CONNECTICUT AVE  2.4   <BR>9.  Continue on CHEVY CHASE CIR/CHEVY CHASE CIR NW  0.1   <BR>10.  Continue on CHEVY CHASE CIR NW  0.0   <BR>11.  Turn Right on CONNECTICUT AVE NW  3.4   <BR>12.  Continue on CONNECTICUT AVE NW/TAFT BRG  0.3   <BR>13.  Continue on CONNECTICUT AVE NW  0.3   <BR>14.  Turn Left on T ST NW  0.1   <BR>15.  Bear Left on FLORIDA AVE NW  0.2   <BR>16.  Bear Right on U ST NW  0.5   <BR>

bungle bud

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 10:48:00 am »
izac im 8 miles away in barnesville, if you want to go to some gigs email me.

SomethingMild

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 12:14:00 pm »
I live in Germantown and go to quite a few DC/Baltimore shows (5 to 10 per month). Contact me offlist if you want info on venues, how to get there, local music links etc.