Author Topic: Does anyone know when the Pixies are coming to town?  (Read 3654 times)

Dr. Anton Phibes

Re: Does anyone know when the Pixies are coming to town?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 02:34:00 am »
Frank Black Solo Album Pushed Back
 Mon May 17, 2004 01:29 PM ET

By Jonathan Cohen
 NEW YORK (Billboard) - With the Pixies' reunion tour doing big business at the ticket counter, frontman Frank Black's next solo album seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Originally pegged to arrive this spring, the double-disc "Frank Black Francis" is now in line for a late summer release via spinART. Sources tell Billboard.com certain variables are still in play that may necessitate pushing the album's release back even later in the year.

In addition, Black is not expected to play any solo shows this year, owing to the fact that the Pixies have dates booked through Dec. 6 in Washington, D.C. "Frank Black Francis" will be the follow-up to 2003's "Show Me Your Tears."

Reuters/Billboard

>>>> D.C. will be final date of the tour??? Wow......sometimes the final date of a tour can be as good as the first....bands will pull out all the stops knowing the end has arrived...hot damn!

bearman🐻

Re: Does anyone know when the Pixies are coming to town?
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 09:14:00 am »
Without a doubt! God, that would be incredible. However, I predict that they will add some more dates. There's a little part of me that wonders if they split up again after this reunion tour, it would be kind of cool to say I was at their last show ever.