Author Topic: Clem Snide  (Read 2541 times)

Clem Snide
« on: February 12, 2003, 10:28:00 am »
Cool...finally a show I want to see in March...at Iota March 6.

jadetree

Re: Clem Snide
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 10:29:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rhett Miller:<BR><B>Cool...finally a show I want to see in March...at Iota March 6.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>isnt he the guy whose song was used for the Ed theme song

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 10:38:00 am »
I know they had some song that was featured on some tv show, but that's about the extent of the storyline I remember. He mentioned it when they did a free show at Ollson's before later appearing at the Black Cat...

Celeste

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 10:53:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> isnt he the guy whose song was used for the Ed theme song</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the BAND's song is used for that show, yes...<BR>

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 10:55:00 am »
A departure from the somber Your Favorite Music,The Ghost of Fashion is, on many levels, Eef Barzelay and Jason Glasser's greatest achievement.Barzelay has turned in a super batch of songs, harvesting his strengths and channeling them into a diverse landscape of ornery rockers and ballads of transparent, gliding simplicity. Glasser's arrangements have never been betterâ??pushy, earnest, and bursting with beautiful details, his production swirls around and through Barzelay's lyrics without obscuring their intelligence, and when the two men's eccentric visions are in synch, the results are stunning. Particularly, â??Joan Jett of Arc," a metaphor for Barzelay's first sexual experience, sparkles with innocence and humor, while â??Moment in the Sun," a typically cynical musing on celebrityhood, became the theme song to the Ed television show. Elsewhere, the charming â??Long Lost Twin" makes use of a subdued rockabilly shuffle, and â??Chinese Baby" beautifully remakes the band's 1998 acoustic recording. Truthfully, some of this is probably going to be an unsettling experience for fans craving more of Your Favorite Music's dreamy countrysides, but Ghost's cloudy intensity is one of the most exhilarating experiences of the year.

BookerT

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 12:02:00 pm »
I found the lyrics on "Ghost of Fashion" to be a bit too cute for my liking. Very self-consciously quirky. Still good stuff, but I prefer both "You Were a Diamond" and "Your Favorite Music." "I Love the Unknown" was THE song of 2000!