Author Topic: When I was a kid...  (Read 3397 times)

SalParadise

Re: When I was a kid...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 11:06:00 am »
when they all get baked towards the end of The Breakfast Club.. i was really confused by that the first time i watched it (i was like 8 or 9).

"why are they all acting strange all of a sudden?"

and add me to the late 80s dana delaney fan club.

TheDirector217

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 11:17:00 am »
Originally posted by Mobius:

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

maybe I'm just like my father - too bold. [/b]
I always thought it was " - too old" which I think is cooler.

I could also never hear "the kid is not my son" when Billy Jean was ubiquitous. I only heard "the chair is not my son" and it really bothered me. [/b]
When my pop used to pump "Bennie & The Jets" when I was younger, I thought it was cool that Elton John was singing about "electric boobs."  

Boy, was I wrong!    :o

edbert

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 11:30:00 am »
At the deli I had a flashback to when I was about 6 and this kid told me that the only thing that rhymes with 'excellent' is 'egg salad'

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 12:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
  When my pop used to pump "Bennie & The Jets" when I was younger, I thought it was cool that Elton John was singing about "electric boobs."  
I also used to think Bennie had "Electric boobs."  So did Wayne Campbell, if I recall.  "Electric boots" just aren't as cool.

Brian

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »
I was actually embarrassed to post that Dana Delaney thing...guess I'm not a freak after all.  If I only knew this years ago, oh the nights of lost sleep I could have back.
27>34

lily1

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 10:07:00 pm »
I, unlike the rest of you, did not have a thing for Dana Delaney, but, I did love that show, China Beach.

When I was a kid...I made the mistake of watching Red Dawn when I was 10 (at the neighbors and their babysitter thought it was a proper movie for kids in elementary school!). The movie scared the shit out of me and I had ridiculously vivid nightmares for days (I can still remember some of them)that the Soviets were going to attack my house and kill my family.

OK, back to happy thoughts!

When I was a kid...I didn't know where baby corn came from. I would see it in stir fry dishes and wondered where the corn grew that small that it could be husked and put in a stir fry. Actually, as an adult, I STILL don't know where baby corn comes from! HA!