Author Topic: Bike to Work Day  (Read 2816 times)

Celeste

Re: Bike to Work Day
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 01:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Relaxer:
  So let's get this straight. There's a woman who is many months pregnant and chooses every day to ride a bike three hours instead of driving 10 minutes? It's such an odd situation as to be almost... unbelievable...
I know these people. I don't think she does it anymore...and I don't think they did it everyday. I know she didn't do it alone when he was traveling.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 01:57:00 pm »
Well now that she's 8+ months pregnant, she's not doing it, but she was certainly doing it well into the second trimester, if not longer.

Originally posted by The Vessel:

Originally posted by Relaxer:
  So let's get this straight. There's a woman who is many months pregnant and chooses every day to ride a bike three hours instead of driving 10 minutes? It's such an odd situation as to be almost... unbelievable...
I know these people. I don't think she does it anymore...and I don't think they did it everyday. I know she didn't do it alone when he was traveling. [/b]

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:00 pm »
If leftist pundits declared drinking urine a "Good Thing" proclaiming every June 5th as "Drink Urine Day", I wonder how many on this bboard would NOT do it?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 02:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  We met some people who are a five minute car ride away from work and own a car, but choose to take the bike route to work each day, which is 90 mins each way. That's hardcore. Or stupid.
that doesn't make sense to me.  five minute car ride ~ 5 miles (estimate).  shouldn't take 90 minutes to cycle that.  further assumption: biking has to take a less direct route, 10 miles.  that's still a half-hour ride at a very non-competitive pace.  are these people really out of shape?  either your or my numbers are way off... [/b]
10 miles in 1/2 hour...that's 20mph which is a pretty decent average for a roadbike on a flat road with no lights. If I'm out for a casual spin I average around 18mph, when we ride in a group on a training ride it's 23-26mph.

If they're riding a mtb in town with all the stop/starts then 1/2 hour for 10 miles is flying.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 02:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Psychoda alternata:
  If leftist pundits declared drinking urine a "Good Thing" proclaiming every June the 5th as "Drink Urine Day", I wonder how many on this bboard would NOT do it?
Who's urine are we drinking? Just asking.....

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Who's urine are we drinking? Just asking.....
Al & Tipper Gore's.  We've already eaten their shit.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 02:17:00 pm »
My wife said that the woman said it was 15 miles one way.

That would probably take me 90 minutes on my mountain bike.

I have no idea what kind of bikes they were using, or how much of it was start and stop. Maybe they said it took them 60 minutes, I'm not sure. The conversation took place a couple of months ago.

Celeste

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 02:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

If leftist pundits declared drinking urine a "Good Thing" proclaiming every June the 5th as "Drink Urine Day", I wonder how many on this bboard would NOT do it?
Who's urine are we drinking? Just asking..... [/b]
Giselle Bundchen

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »
  If leftist pundits declared drinking urine a "Good Thing" proclaiming every June 5th as "Drink Urine Day", I wonder how many on this bboard would NOT do it?
{{6949 raises hand}}
xoxo

thirsty moore

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »
Got on this thread a bit late.  I'm in Toronto for work.  However, I would have participated in bike to work day.  I bike to work every day.  Though it's not so much of a trip for me.