Author Topic: Kapranos hits back at Liam Gallagher  (Read 955 times)

Kapranos hits back at Liam Gallagher
« on: January 09, 2006, 10:53:00 am »
Calls the Oasis frontman a 'girl'.

Franz Ferdinand frontman Alex Kapranos has broken his silence against Oasis' Liam Gallagher, calling the singer a 'neurotic young girl' in response to Gallagher's previous comments.

Speaking to the British tabloid press, Kapranos hit back at Liam's comments last year - in which he described the Scottish rockers as "Right Said Fred on the Atkins diet". He also dismissed the current wave of 80's rockers, including Bloc Party and the Kaiser Chiefs', as 'weird and quirky'.

"He knows he can get in the papers from being as obnoxious as he can," Kapranos said. "When I read the press that surrounded them earlier in 2005, it sounded like an extremely anxious, neurotic young girl at a high school who though that she had younger, better looking competition and was just bitching about everything about her.

"I think everybody, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party, every contemporary band was at the end of some form of vitriol from him. I'm not particularly bothered by him, it just seems like bitchery from cheap neurosis."

Re: Kapranos hits back at Liam Gallagher
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 10:56:00 am »
Since when would a high school girl feel threatened by younger girls?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Kapranos hits back at Liam Gallagher
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:58:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Since when would a high school girl feel threatened by younger girls?
Yes, this was my thought as well.