Author Topic: Different iPod/itunes Question  (Read 800 times)

TheNomad

Different iPod/itunes Question
« on: October 12, 2004, 03:29:00 pm »
Can I plug my iPod into a friends computer to download from their itunes library?  

What would I have to do to do that?  Also, would I then mess up my own library when I plugged the iPod back into my computer?

If I do this should I not have the iPod auto-synch to iTunes but just manually move songs from their computer to my iPod?

Thanks

kurtwildjr

Re: Different iPod/itunes Question
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 03:53:00 pm »
definitely don't autosync or it will delete anything you have that they dont have.  

you used to be able to download software so you can transfer songs from your ipod to your computer but it doesn't seem to be working right now, here is the link anyways. i'm sure you can still find it if you search

ipod to itunes

bellenseb

Re: Different iPod/itunes Question
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 04:13:00 pm »
Why not buy an mp3 player that works as a mass storage device, can be fully functional on any computer without any need for software, and isn't riddled with restrictions?

I realize there are some workarounds and third-party software solutions to the litany of restrictions Ipod imposes upon you, but frankly, thinking about them just gives me a headache. There are so many players on the market now that just let you drag and drop music to and from any computer with a USB port, no software needed. Many can now also build their own id3 directories natively.