Author Topic: Meat Puppets Bassist Gets 21 Months  (Read 3595 times)

thirsty moore

Re: Meat Puppets Bassist Gets 21 Months
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 02:01:00 pm »
Heya Chaz, I was just pointing out the extremes of the situation.  It always amuses me when I read a band's influences and one of them drops a pretentious reference.

For instance, if that Dashboard Confessional guy was all like, "I'm influenced by Ornette Coleman."  Clearly, no lineage.  Meat Puppets to Nirvana?  Hell, that's almost blood.

Now, I discussed this with Snailhook at the MMR show.  What's up with the Velvet's and Television comparisons to The Strokes?

Bags

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2004, 02:07:00 pm »
Not sure what you're driving at here...whatever, 'nuff of a reason for me to hate the band.

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Well they were playing at Vassar.

Originally posted by Bagalicious Tangster:
  They came and played at my college in...1988?  They were so friggin' rude, awful, obnoxious and arrogant to both the guy I knew who had booked them, and the campus band who opened for them (friends of mine).  And there was just no need to be such assh*les. As IF they were rock stars.  Blech, hated them ever since.  It's not like they were the Replacements...
[/b]

ratioci nation

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2004, 02:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by thirsty moore:

For instance, if that Dashboard Confessional guy was all like, "I'm influenced by Ornette Coleman."  Clearly, no lineage.

You CLEARLY have not heard his first album, even ripped off the album art like Clinic did.

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2004, 02:16:00 pm »
Snotty young punk band with a lower middle class (just a guess) background is always going to hate a bunch of snobby, rich college kids. Classic case of class warfare, as it should be.

Not sure what you're driving at here...whatever, 'nuff of a reason for me to hate the band.

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Well they were playing at Vassar.

They came and played at my college in...1988?  They were so friggin' rude, awful, obnoxious and arrogant to both the guy I knew who had booked them, and the campus band who opened for them (friends of mine).  And there was just no need to be such assh*les. As IF they were rock stars.  Blech, hated them ever since.  It's not like they were the Replacements...
[/b]
[/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2004, 02:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
   but who cares, cause Nirvana is crap.  
did i say crap?  i meant to say "revolutionary"

:D    :D