Author Topic: Polyphonic Spree  (Read 2717 times)

JohnnyBaconbitz

Polyphonic Spree
« on: August 05, 2004, 04:34:00 pm »
Is this going to sell out?

I'm hoping to pick up tix at the box office because I have a bunch of people who are "on the fence" right now.

I also hate a service charge.

Sieve-Fisted

Re: Polyphonic Spree
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 04:53:00 pm »
Last June they played back to back nights at the 930 club.  The shows were crowded, but they didnâ??t sell out.  Since they are only playing one night this time, I bought a ticket in advance.

freddyadu

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 08:20:00 pm »
tell me more about this live show/..

pentel

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 02:41:00 am »
one has to wonder, how the hell do they make enough money to survive? they don't have high ticket prices, and they are splitting the money 20 some odd ways.  i guess that's concrete proof that they're in it for the love of the art.

pepper*sans*salt

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 09:01:00 am »
Originally posted by JohnnyBaconbitz:
  Is this going to sell out?

I'm hoping to pick up tix at the box office because I have a bunch of people who are "on the fence" right now.

I also hate a service charge.
I'm also on the fence. I'm curious but $18 is kinda steep to see a band i don't know perform as opposed to seeing a band i love for 10 bucks.

Or you can just call me cheap.   :p

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 04:59:00 am »
The show is only a week away.  I'm really psyched about it.  I'd get tickets now if you're still "on the fence" about going.

I saw them last summer at 9:30 and I experienced the most jaw dropping, amazed feeling I've ever had at a show.  I couldn't believe the energy they put out!  I've seen them 4 times since then in other parts of the country and each show has been a REALLY great time.  :)  

I've become quite the fanatic and will also be heading up for the Philly show too.  The new album, "Together We're Heavy" might just be the best album of 2004.  Well at least until Brian Wilson finally releases the "Smile" album later this year.   ;)  

Well, see you there, I'll be the dude with the blue robe on.  Gotta summon up the courage (or drink it) to actually wear it though.  I got it with a special promotional package the band released for their new album.

Oh, and buy a freakin' t-shirt or something.  Tim, the lead singer, recently took out a 2nd mortgage on his house, so the band could afford the plane tickets to tour in the U.K.  He's got kids to feed.

eltee

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 10:57:00 am »
Originally posted by 0101010101:
  Oh, and buy a freakin' t-shirt or something.  Tim, the lead singer, recently took out a 2nd mortgage on his house, so the band could afford the plane tickets to tour in the U.K.  He's got kids to feed.
So, they don't sell robes?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 12:46:00 pm »
From yahoo.com:

Musician's Mike Shuts Down Airport Gates

FORT WORTH, Texas -  The next time Brian Teasley gets on a plane, he promises he'll ship his custom-made microphone. That same device shut down five gates at Dallas Fort Worth-International Airport last week.

Teasley, a member of Dallas-based pop-rock band Polyphonic Spree, had been in Austin where the group taped an episode of "Austin City Limits." He was taking a flight to his home in Birmingham, Ala., on Thursday.

The percussionist for the 25-member band had planned to do some recording at home, so he put the microphone in his suitcase, he said in Saturday editions of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

When his suitcase didn't show up on the baggage carousel in Birmingham, he filled out the missing-luggage paperwork and went home. He didn't know the suitcase wasn't there because it was under scrutiny at the Texas airport.

A terminal area and several gates were closed briefly after a routine baggage screening detected the device, which raised concerns because of the wires and threading caps running through it. A bomb disposal robot removed it.

By the time Teasley arrived home, he had quite a reception.

"I had Taco Bell in my hand, and all of a sudden, these cars block me in my driveway. They've all got tinted windows, 'X-Files' style," he said. "Then here comes one guy with a bulletproof vest on, another with a gun showing. It was a very harrowing day."

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 12:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:

Originally posted by 0101010101:
So, they don't sell robes? [/b]
they had robes for sale the last time they played...
T.Rex

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 05:06:00 pm »
They prolly will be selling white robes w/ a color stripe at the bottom for between $30 and $40.

That copperphone mic/pipe bomb thing is pretty crazy!   :D

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 07:05:00 pm »
Does anyone know who the opening band(s) will be?

Driveway

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 01:09:00 pm »
Last I heard it was some band named "Keith Jones and his Magic Bananna Peeling Orchestra."
 ...who knows...

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 06:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by DriveWay:

Last I heard it was some band named "Keith Jones and his Magic Bananna Peeling Orchestra."
 ...who knows... [/b]
Hallo Andyboy.  I sure do wish I had a magic bananna peeling orchestra!   :D   Then I could write a commercial jingle advertising the buy a bushel of chaquita bannanas and get a free ipod promotion.  I'd have it made in the shade.

So, are you going to pretend like you don't know me if I wear the robe or are you gonna really let loose and have some fun?  I think VA might have her homemade robe ready by monday.  *Crosses fingers*