Author Topic: were are they now.............  (Read 3759 times)

brennser

Re: were are they now.............
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005, 11:19:00 am »
good point rob - hadn't thought of it that way

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Can't be any worse than my taste in music

ccperkdog

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 11:23:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  .....The Vines and The Hives????

My my, how 15 minutes fly...
the "hot swedish band" tag is easily replacable.

as is the "hot austrailian band" i believe Jet ruined the Vines career. [/b]
I think Jet is much better than the Vines though.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 11:24:00 am »
Originally posted by brennser:
  um, well The Hives just released an album last year and are doing the festival circuit in Europe so its not as if they've faded into obscurity
exactly, the hives are still going really strong, what rock are you living under mankie? ... they were dubbed the best live band in the world by spin not so long ago ... vines are just done for
(o|o)

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005, 11:28:00 am »
  good point rob - hadn't thought of it that way

Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

Can't be any worse than my taste in music
[/b]
Very creative.

Fico

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
The Elbow record "Cast of Thousands" is easily among my top 10 for the decade...quite high up I must add..it's just fantastic. They were supposed to tour behind that record on the failed Lollapallooza.

Don't care about Starsailor. I loved South's "With the Tides"..I believe they were on Kinetic and the label folded so they're coming out on a new label...I expect a good record out of them..

Fico

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 11:49:00 am »
BTW, I have the new ELbow record and I think's its fan-fookin-tastic'..

brennser

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 11:50:00 am »
what Fico said, and add that Fugitive Motel from that album has probably become one of my top 10 songs of all time

and Fico, I am really liking the songs I downloaded from your website esp, Fleets - looking forward to hearing some new stuff from y'all

The Elbow record "Cast of Thousands" is easily among my top 10 for the decade...quite high up I must add..it's just fantastic.

amnesiac

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
 and I agree with whoever said Elbow were never hyped that much - maybe in En-ger-land but not here - they never even play live here for petes sake!  and they have a new album coming out in a few weeks that hopefully will be as good as the previous two
Saw them open for Doves a couple years ago, and they were excellent. I only have Asleep in the Back. Though it's a bit slow, I like it alot. Think I'll listen to "Powder Blue" now...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
 I loved South's "With the Tides"..I believe they were on Kinetic and the label folded so they're coming out on a new label...I expect a good record out of them..
that's a hell of an album ... "colours in waves" is a great track ...
(o|o)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

Originally posted by Fico:
 I loved South's "With the Tides"..I believe they were on Kinetic and the label folded so they're coming out on a new label...I expect a good record out of them..
that's a hell of an album ... "colours in waves" is a great track ... [/b]
agreed.  i never caught any of the South hype, though?

this thread is very funny, actually, because i was just looking at an old picture of Craig Nicholls on my wall and thinking, "what the crap happened to this guy?"
 you can't really compare Jet to The Vines, except for being basic flavour-of-the-month Aussies.  but i as well enjoy Jet more...i'd say i'm more into their more classic vibe.  and by classic, i mean iggy-pop-ripoff...classic...

eh; same thing.

Fico

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 03:07:00 pm »
  what Fico said, and add that Fugitive Motel from that album has probably become one of my top 10 songs of all time

and Fico, I am really liking the songs I downloaded from your website esp, Fleets - looking forward to hearing some new stuff from y'all

The Elbow record "Cast of Thousands" is easily among my top 10 for the decade...quite high up I must add..it's just fantastic.
[/b]
We're psyched about our newer material..we recorded the EP 6 weeks into being a band and Fleets is one of those songs that just came out of nowhere and we still quite like...

We already tracked 4 new songs and finished vocals for 2 of them. We will most likely finish the vocals for the other two in the next 2 weeks and then proceed to mix and master ASAP. Hopefully by the end of September we'll have the new batch of songs ready...what we'll do with them is still a debate within the band...we obviously want a way to put them out there since they are prominent in the live shows in ways the old songs aren't anymore...