Author Topic: Hm.  (Read 2220 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Hm.
« on: September 05, 2007, 01:39:00 am »
Should I plan to go to Philly to see Justice or should I seriously start working on seeing Daft Punk?

I'm sure none of them will probably ever come to D.C. so I know I gotta do something about seeing them while I can.

I wanna see Daft Punk but it's so not practical...

Damn them.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Hm.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 02:51:00 am »
you make it sound like an "and/or" situation.  economic realities will dictate what shows you can attend.

daft punk is definitely the better show, especially if you've never seen them before.  those two robots don't tour often, and you've seen on this board what kind of raving fanatics they turn people into.  but you'll need something like $800-$1000 to pull it off, if not more.  airfare & accomodations are only getting more expensive with time, and festival tickets *may* yet sell out - so you'd best come up with a good chunk of that cash ASAP.

justice in philly could be done for a fraction as much - ticket is cheaper, you can get there and back same day so accomodations aren't mandatory, you might be able to get a ride (if not buses are cheap), less food to buy, etc.

i'm not sure what your situation is, but justice shouldn't be that hard to pull off.  DP in vegas, on the other hand, is a much much bigger commitment.  and i'd think that if you can swing daft punk, you can probably do the justice show as well.

or, buy some land.  and read a mu'fuckin book.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 05:08:00 am »
I'm deeply involve with the mystical brothers of electronica though. It would just kill me if they didn't go back on tour. As much as I'd love to go see them it just seems unfeasible for me at the moment.

Word on the street is they're already booking shows for next year, but that's yet to be established.
‼‼?‼‼

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:49:00 am »
For real...I'd say do Vegas.

But Justice might be fun.
Woof.

walkonby

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 10:50:00 am »
should i write in cursive today, or should i just write out everything in print.

should i pee standing up or sitting down?

should i listen to what i hear, or let it flow in and out the ears?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 02:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by ixkpd-bk:
  For real...I'd say do Vegas.

But Justice might be fun.
Philly is sounding more like it, sadly, I can do research for my art class, see Rodrigo Y Gabriela on Thursday at the Electric Factory, stay at my friends apartment, see Justice on Sunday night and then come home on Monday.
‼‼?‼‼

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:
  should i write in cursive today, or should i just write out everything in print.

should i pee standing up or sitting down?

should i listen to what i hear, or let it flow in and out the ears?
-Cursive.

-Stand up.

-Take time and listen, it's better.

;)
Woof.

redsock

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:
  Should I plan to go to Philly to see Justice or should I seriously start working on seeing Daft Punk?

I'm sure none of them will probably ever come to D.C. so I know I gotta do something about seeing them while I can.

Damn them.
This could easily spawn another thread, as to why so few electronic/DJ artists ever make it to DC. Just look at all the great folks on the Windish Agency's roster... Very few of them make it here.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »
because DC doesn't dance.  duh.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 05:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by DeathFromAbove1979:

Damn them.
This could easily spawn another thread, as to why so few electronic/DJ artists ever make it to DC. Just look at all the great folks on the Windish Agency's roster... Very few of them make it here. [/b]
If one person off the Ed Banger roster ever hti DC I'd be blown away.

For some reason Baltimore has been hit with crazy DJ's, the Bang Gang Deejays are playing Sonar on Friday night and they just had Guns N Bombs a few weeks ago and Para One was there the other night.
‼‼?‼‼

taxlo

• Taxidermy Lodge
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 06:20:00 pm »
Glad to see someone noticed what we've been booking lately.

we've had Feadz and Uffie who are on Ed Banger.

We recorded Guns N Bombs, so hopefully we'll get the recording up on our website by next week.  Maybe the Institubes/Para One/Orgasmic/Surkin show as well.

We've got more good stuff coming up too.

all of these are at Sonar and are Tax Lo parties...

Wed 9.12 Bonde Do Role, Plastic Little, Ponytail and surprise (Spank Rock/Death Set) unnamed collab. thing of some sort...

Fri 9.14 Devlin & Darko (Spank Rock DJs), XXXChange (Spank Rock Producer)

Fri 9.28 Diplo and Switch (aka Solid Groove)

Fri 10.5 Tittsworth and Dave Nada (record release party)

Fri 10.26 Tax Lo Halloween party w/Blaqstarr ("Hands Up Thumbs Down"/M.I.A. producer/Mad Decent Records)

tons more stuff coming up...  

www.taxidermylodge.com

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »
Dude you recorded Johnny Love's set!? I want that! Put it up! I've been looking for a GNB live mix everywhere.

And I saw you guys just added Tittsworth, very cool.
‼‼?‼‼

taxlo

• Taxidermy Lodge
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 06:51:00 pm »
It'll be up on taxidermylodge.com soon.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 05:31:00 am »
Fuck yessssss
‼‼?‼‼