Author Topic: Bob Mould  (Read 2949 times)

kcjones119

Bob Mould
« on: January 13, 2005, 08:16:00 pm »
Anyone been to one of his solo (non-dj) shows lately?  Know what kind of stuff he plays (read: does he play husker du/sugar songs)?  I'm thinking about going to see him at Rams Head in Annapolis and just wondering if anyone had a recent experience.

kcjones119

Re: Bob Mould
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 09:05:00 pm »
found a setlist and it looks pretty good, still curious if anyone has been recently

bbbsmith

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 09:39:00 pm »
email him and ask...go to modulate.blogspot.com he is a very nice guy.  Last time I saw him was a blowoff event...sorry cannot help you...even though I would love to see him play Husker Du stuff...

Originally posted by kcjones119:
  Anyone been to one of his solo (non-dj) shows lately?  Know what kind of stuff he plays (read: does he play husker du/sugar songs)?  I'm thinking about going to see him at Rams Head in Annapolis and just wondering if anyone had a recent experience.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 10:06:00 pm »
I saw his Birchmere show last month.  Half-acoustic/Half-electric. I think the only Husker Du songs he played were "I Apologize" and "Celebrated Summer".  My first time seeing him play (not counting WedRock).  Great show.  Highly recommended.

bellenseb

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 10:41:00 pm »
He generally plays a few Sugar songs in his solo sets. Expect Your Favorite Thing, Hoover Dam, and if you're lucky the Explode and Make Up/Hardly Getting Over It medley.

Sir HC

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 11:13:00 am »
Well his dj things he also has a band called Blow Up.  I saw them Thanksgiving at the club.  The way it is described is House with blazing guitars.  His Husker sound was there, he plays with another guy and the drum machine/sequencer.  It is really cool too.  Not acoustic, not dj, good.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 12:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Well his dj things he also has a band called Blow Up.  
Blowoff.

Sir HC

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
Doh!

kcjones119

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 01:54:00 pm »
Yeah, I checked out some playlists for that too, it looks pretty cool.  That's in the back bar every couple weeks or so?

tenpercenter

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 02:49:00 pm »
has anyone been to his dj'ing events? can you tell me what its like?

Sir HC

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 04:02:00 pm »
If you are straight it is probably not for you.  He has good musical selection and it is loud as hell.

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 04:07:00 pm »
Tenpercenter would imply he's less than straight, no?

If you are straight it is probably not for you.  He has good musical selection and it is loud as hell.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2005, 04:14:00 pm »
They play the more rockin' songs early in the evening.  As the evening goes on, it gets more into electronic/house kind of music. They usually mix it up a bit though.  In a recent blog entry Bob said they were going to focus more on the rockin' sets.  

It gets very crowded simply because of the layout of the BackBar.  There's no real dance floor, so when people want to dance, they just start dancing wherever they happen to be standing.

I haven't been in a while.  It's lots of fun.  Sir HC is correct though - It can get very loud.

tenpercenter

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 05:27:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Tenpercenter would imply he's less than straight, no?

[/b]
No. I'm straight. Why do people always think that???
 Well, FYI, it a frank black song about iggy pop. i think someone called me out on that on this board before...
 now i have to think of a new name.

anyhow, thanks for the info on bob mould.