Author Topic: Catasrophe Waitress  (Read 2217 times)

mankie

Catasrophe Waitress
« on: October 21, 2003, 11:47:00 am »
Pretty 'effing good I must say. A slight change in direction for B&S imho,  I think he's been listening to the Beautiful South if you ask me, which is always a good thing.

What does anyone else think?

bearman🐻

Re: Catasrophe Waitress
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 11:49:00 am »
It's taking me longer to digest than their previous ones. I'm hoping that seeing some of the songs performed live will change my mind. So far, it's not bad though.

jkeisenh

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 03:11:00 pm »
growing on me but still not a big fan.  never again will they make another tiger milk or boy with the arab strap or if you're feeling sinister, i know, so i should just stop buying the new stuff hoping it's as good as the old.

walkman

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 03:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by sillygirl:
  growing on me but still not a big fan.  never again will they make another tiger milk or boy with the arab strap or if you're feeling sinister, i know, so i should just stop buying the new stuff hoping it's as good as the old.
I'll second that.  I'm really not very impressed with the latest effort...looking at grade B material.

bearman🐻

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 04:16:00 pm »
Personally, I loved Storytelling, and even Fold Your Hands Child had some really great moments. The EPs are pretty terrific...I'm Waking up to Us and Jonathan David have some of their best material. But this last record didn't reach me immediately like the ones I just mentioned.  I do love If You're Feeling Sinister and Arab Strap, too. I'm a huge fan of theirs...I just hope they don't neglect some of their older gems. They've got a ton of great material.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 04:29:00 pm »
i like it alot.  they had to add something to their style.  fav tracks: i am a cuckoo, piazza, new york catcher, and step into my office, baby.  but yeah, doesn't sound like a b&s album
o/\o

jakez468

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 12:53:00 am »
I really hate that song Catasrophe Waitress. I heard it while I was in Charleston SC a few days ago. I had no idea who it was, but it was really weak. I can't really understand what is so appealing about that type of music. Maybe it's just not there best song. owell

Ikarus

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2003, 02:07:00 am »
i like the one song that's really brian wilson-esque, everything else is disappointing.  i'm with everyone else who liked the first three lps and the newer singles.  '...sinister' is still their best product in my mind.

jkeisenh

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2003, 09:25:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  I'm a huge fan of theirs...I just hope they don't neglect some of their older gems. They've got a ton of great material.
If I remember correctly, at their show at DAR, they played mostly the old favorites with new stuff mixed in-- they played "Boy with the Arab Strap," "Sleep the Clock Around," I think they played "If you're feeling sinister" and some Tigermilk stuff.  I believe they'll play lots of old stuff again next week.