Author Topic: VFest Toronto: Pumpkins, Bjork, Killers, Interpol, etc.  (Read 2566 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
VFest Toronto: Pumpkins, Bjork, Killers, Interpol, etc.
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:37:00 am »
does this mean we can expect an announcement for VFest Baltimore soon?!?

Virgin In Toronto
 http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7765

The 2007 outing of Canada's Virgin Festival promises to be bigger than last year's, with The Smashing Pumpkins, Björk, and The Killers among the headliners announced for the two-day Toronto event.

Interpol, Paolo Nutini , Tokyo Police Club, Jamie T., and Amy Winehouse round out the list of names confirmed to join the more than 30 artists expected to perform on Toronto Island in Ontario September 8 and 9.

Two-day tickets for the event are priced at $125 and will be available March 24.

Part of the proceeds from ticket sales, along with on-site fundraising, will benefit Virgin's charity Virgin Unite, which works on a number of programs across the globe with an emphasis on youth-related issues and HIV.

The festival is also joining the growing list of events that are attempting to go green and be carbon-neutral by providing on-site recycling, biodegradable food and drink containers, using green energy sources where possible, purchasing carbon offsets for energy used and committing to planting trees to help with future carbon reduction.
<sig>

sonickteam2

Re: VFest Toronto: Pumpkins, Bjork, Killers, Interpol, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 10:17:00 am »
wow.  i am surprised they are having this in toronto again this year.  most of my pals said it was a crappy show, poorly organized and not well attended.

andyrichter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 10:39:00 am »
was there overlap in bands between the toronto and baltimore v-fests last year?  i like this lineup and hopefully we can get the pumpkins, bjork and amy winehouse.

lbcardoni

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 10:42:00 am »
How much were tickets to the Toronto show last year?

$125 for two days is a little more reasonable than the $100 one day tickets for Baltimore last year

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 11:01:00 am »
... and i might be wrong, but i think that's $125 canadian, which is around $100 USD...
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
probably.  

we all know the reason that tickets were so expensive last year, was cause of the Who.  so i wouldnt really worry. i bet tickets will seem much more affordable this year!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 11:53:00 am »
i fear that that tix might not be much cheaper this year if the police are on the bill - same effect as the who.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 01:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  wow.  i am surprised they are having this in toronto again this year.  most of my pals said it was a crappy show, poorly organized and not well attended.
I swear that i read in Spin that Toronto's sold out last year...

maybe i got it mixed up...
‼‼?‼‼

xcanuck

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
I was at last year's V-Fest in Toronto. Agree that it was poorly organized and it was definitely NOT sold out. It would take a MUCH better lineup to get me back this year. I'll just wait for Hillside and the annual Arts and Crafts lovefest at Olympic Isnald.

bull930

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 12:10:00 am »
I may have to go if Amy doesn't come to DC!

bull930

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 12:11:00 am »
How far is it from Toronto???

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 12:30:00 am »
the festival?  it's essentially in downtown toronto.  the venue is on an island just south of the city, you take a ferry from the central train station (more or less) to get there.   google map.
<sig>