Author Topic: Razorlight Roll Call  (Read 2171 times)

kurosawa-b/w

Razorlight Roll Call
« on: January 14, 2005, 05:06:00 pm »
I'm there.

vansmack

Re: Razorlight Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 05:17:00 pm »
Obviously, I won't be there, but I did see them on a late night talk show this week and thought they sounded pretty good.

Enjoy the show.
27>34

megs

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 05:30:00 pm »
i'll be there. and i'll be in philly saturday night, too.   :)

redsock

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 06:48:00 pm »
Looks like I'll be there. But maybe I'll watch from the bands VIP balcony....!!!

redsock

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 04:10:00 pm »
Razorlight was pretty bad IMHO, other than their two catchy singles. And could their lead singer have been any more 'rock n roll?' C'mon...

The Features were ok, and I think Exit Clov did quite well for their debut at the club.

But can I say, not only are the 930 staff great to the fans, but they are super nice to the bands. I can't say enough how accomodating the staff was, really great folks. It is no wonder 930 is held is such high regards. Kudos to the club.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 07:27:00 pm »
I thought Razorlight were entertaining. Johnny's attitude cracks me up. But the real stand out of the night was The Features. How have I not heard them before? They rock! Any band that uses a Farfisa organ to such an extent gets high marks in my book. I will definitely go out of my way to see them again.

Oh and I thought Exit Clov did a really good job for their first time at the club. They were clearly delighted to be there. I saw lots of the kids (in the crowd) picking up the free CD on their way out.

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 07:44:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  Razorlight was pretty bad IMHO, other than their two catchy singles.
I saw them in Copenhagen last year and wasn't impressed with them either.

Would have liked to had seen The Features however...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 09:05:00 am »
yup will have to agree that The Features were the highlight of the evening...  Razorlight while having a couple decent songs for a DJ set, were really trying to hard to channel way to many influences into their sound and it came out pretty bland.  the harmonies were about the only thing that set them apart from the current crop of "it" bands.

looks like The Features hit the road soon with Kings of Leon.

Sat 02/26/05 Washington, DC 9:30 Club
T.Rex

megs

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »
well i thought razorlight were great. i loved the bassist's cute little jumping thing that he did rather a lot. sorry, but they were the highlight for me (though i did like the features a lot, too)...