Author Topic: Just for Markie....  (Read 4263 times)

Guiny

Re: Just for Markie....
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2003, 02:07:00 pm »
I said i didnt like him, but your saying he's not good and i'm saying The Eel's and GBV arent good, but he sells out and they dont.

Originally posted by jadetree:

Originally posted by Guiny:
  This thing is gonna sell out in minutes, at least faster then an Eel's show or GBV. I dont like his music at all but the one song i have heard is alot better then the NSYNC ones. I should be sound asleep by the time he takes the stage.
way to pull out the old popular so must be good argument, it is convincing everytime [/b]

jadetree

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2003, 02:26:00 pm »
  I said i didnt like him, but your saying he's not good and i'm saying The Eel's and GBV arent good, but he sells out and they dont.

what the hell do the eels and GBV have to do with this, anything you say is not good can't be bad anyway

mjnova

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2003, 02:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

Originally posted by ggw™:
  His music is crap, but he's done a brilliant job repackaging himself from the boy-band demographic to the adult contemporary market.
I completely agree. He has even somehow managed to get some love from indie groups?! I don't get it. And unlike Robbie, he has managed to sell himself in both the US and international markets. [/b]
The dude has great singles.  All of them are catchy, all of them are pretty fresh sounding.  I have a burned copy of the album.  It's not too bad.

Guiny

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2003, 02:52:00 pm »
Way to use my line from two days ago.

[/qb][/QUOTE] anything you say is not good can't be bad anyway [/QB][/QUOTE]

mankie

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 04:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:

I completely agree. He has even somehow managed to get some love from indie groups?! I don't get it. And unlike Robbie, he has managed to sell himself in both the US and international markets. [/b]
Evidently not in Canada...didn't the fans throw bottles and whathaveyou at him when he tried to join the Stones on stage at that Toronto "we don't have the pox anymore" concert.

I love those Canucks!

Guiny

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2003, 04:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
 ]
Evidently not in Canada...didn't the fans throw bottles and whathaveyou at him when he tried to join the Stones on stage at that Toronto "we don't have the pox anymore" concert.

I love those Canucks! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thats what i'm talkin' aboot!!!!!!!!

mankie

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2003, 04:26:00 pm »

]

I love those Canucks! [/b]
Thats what i'm talkin' aboot!!!!!!!! [/QB][/QUOTE]

eh!

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2003, 04:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  justin is becoming the us version of robbie williams
It's a curse to be Robbie....

ROBBIE - I DON'T WANT TO ROCK

ROBBIE WILLIAMS is threatening to quit pop music, saying he would rather be a nobody.

The star, fresh from playing three sold-out nights at Knebworth, says he's sick of living life in the spotlight.

Williams told today's (August 18) Sun newspaper: "I can't leave the house without being hassled, without people coming up to me bothering me all the time. I am seriously thinking about giving it all up, about not putting out any more records."

The star, speaking at his £3.5 million Los Angeles home, said: "I'm loaded, I can buy anything I want and everyone thinks I must have such a brilliant life but it's actually horrible."

Published: 18-08-2003-11-30

http://www.nme.com/news/105896.htm [/b]
Message to Robbie Williams..BOO FUCKING HOO...

anytime he wants to trade me my spot in the cube farm for his millions and loads of hot model   ass he is welcome    :mad:

Mobius

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2003, 04:57:00 pm »
I guess you've got to respect this guy.  He competed against girls in beauty pageants as a kid (and cried when he won, thanks VH1), and now he's the biggest stud in America.  What a country.

Bags

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2003, 04:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by Metal Meltdown:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

[qb] http://www.nme.com/news/105896.htm  [/b]
Message to Robbie Williams..BOO FUCKING HOO...

anytime he wants to trade me my spot in the cube farm for his millions and loads of hot model   ass he is welcome     :mad:  [/b]
Actually, I think this is an issue of trying to use reverse psychology.  I've read that Robbie goes largely unnoticed in L.A., his new home city.  I think  he's just trying to drudge up some *more* publicity so he really will be mobbed wherever he goes.

Dork.  BUT, I still love him as a guilty pleasure.  Say what you will, I think he's better than most other pop bullshit.

mankie

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2003, 05:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:

Actually, I think this is an issue of trying to use reverse psychology.  I've read that Robbie goes largely unnoticed in L.A., his new home city.  I think  he's just trying to drudge up some *more* publicity so he really will be mobbed wherever he goes.

Dork.  BUT, I still love him as a guilty pleasure.  Say what you will, I think he's better than most other pop bullshit. [/b]
I think it's the fact he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously that makes him almost acceptable to people who otherwise hate that teenie-pop, American Idol, boy band disgrace that is taking over the world.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2003, 09:18:00 am »
just kindly remember that it was the english that embraced the backstreet boys first  they were a nothing act in the us until they hit it big in the uk, where boy bands are breed like sheep.

american idol was also a british creation... leap to your own conculsions
T.Rex

mankie

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2003, 10:12:00 am »
  just kindly remember that it was the english that embraced the backstreet boys first  they were a nothing act in the us until they hit it big in the uk, where boy bands are breed like sheep.

american idol was also a british creation... leap to your own conculsions
I totally agree, it's just a crying shame that Britain produces some of the most amazing rock music talent in the world, but it's public seems to embrace this manufactured crap like there's no tomorrow...that's why I was specific with my "taking over the WORLD" comment.

paige

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »
 I think it's the fact he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously that makes him almost acceptable to people who otherwise hate that teenie-pop, American Idol, boy band disgrace that is taking over the world.
exactly, he is silly and inane and fun, which makes it so much more entertaining to watch him. other (american) pop stars take themselves too seriously and come off as pretentious arseholes with an ego bigger than their bank account.