Author Topic: club safety  (Read 3374 times)

Ikarus

club safety
« on: March 02, 2003, 04:49:00 am »
if you're into the media sensationalist thing, the post has an article on <A HREF="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A23838-2003Mar1.html" TARGET=_blank>safety at local nightspots[/url].<P>seems rather superficial and reactionary to me.  but i think it draws attention to the real probelms with night clubs - violence inside and out.  the article mentions two stabbings at 2k9 last weekend, big surprise there, and a recent fatality at insomnia.  freak accidents such as in chicago or ri shouldn't eclipse what goes on every weekend in this city.  i guess the trick is to find a place not patronized by wankers.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: club safety
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 11:20:00 am »
There is NO way to avoid wankers.  Even the 9:30 club has 'em, and they usually end up standing right in front of ME!<P>
_\|/_

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 12:35:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Doom:<BR><B>.........wankers.  ..........usually end up standing right in front, its ME!<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wow something we can all agree on

paige

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 12:35:00 pm »
wankers are the new teenyboppers

bungle bud

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 12:37:00 pm »
dd i shall stand on your right in future.

• my blog
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 01:08:00 pm »
Bungle... thank you... and lose the backwards baseball cap!
_\|/_

bungle bud

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 03:36:00 pm »
the baseball cap stays, it lets you know that i am a tosser,plus i keep pulling chunks of my hair out and have 3 big bald patches.

myuman

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 04:44:00 pm »
...and wankers are?... definition please

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2003, 05:13:00 pm »
Actually, a baseball cap's a sign of a wanker whether backwards or forwards!
_\|/_

walkman

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2003, 06:42:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by myuman:<BR><B>...and wankers are?... definition please</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>wank·er, noun.  British slang, originally whanker c. late 19th century.<P>1.  One who masturbates.<BR>2.  A detestable human being.<P>see also 'wanksta' as in:<P>You said you a gangsta<BR>But you neva pop nuttin<BR>You said you a wanksta<BR>And you need to stop frontin'<BR>You go to the dealership<BR>But you neva cop nuttin'<BR>You been hustlin a long tyme<BR>And you ain't got nuttin<P>Word.

• my blog
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2003, 07:16:00 pm »
I think in this context we're talking about definition 2   <P>
_\|/_

walkman

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2003, 07:28:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doctor Doom:<BR><B>I think in this context we're talking about definition 2    <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I dunno, those cigar smokers must be compensating for something...

Dandy01

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2003, 04:24:00 pm »
Apparently, Madam's Organ and the Ghana Cafe were slapped with multiple violations of safety and fire codes.