Author Topic: Dupont theater to close  (Read 2876 times)

RustyOrgan

Re: Dupont theater to close
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
I also miss The Foundry and Vision was great! E Street is pretty fucking wonderful though (w/o the charm of Visions, of course)

lily1

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 10:08:00 pm »
e street is great, aside from the bathrooms being in timbuktu in relation to the actual movie theatres.

smakawhat

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »
time moves on, now there is no such thing as the independent theatres anyway when Landmark is a chain...

It's a hard fit now, but I agree that theatre was not a good one for cinema, nor was the other Dupont theatre that was around there as well (no not Visions the other one whose name escapes me).

I need to spend more time at the Avalon...

lily1

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
and the theatre in old greenbelt out in pg county. that has a nice old time feel like avalon does.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 01:09:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  e street is great, aside from the bathrooms being in timbuktu in relation to the actual movie theatres.
I love the E St. Cinema but I pretty much stopped going there when they stopped offering complimentary parking. It just got too ridiculously expensive for me and not worth the bother. Before someone mentions it, the Metro was not an option for me coming all the way down from Baltimore.

Mobius

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2007, 07:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by smakawhat:

It's a hard fit now, but I agree that theatre was not a good one for cinema, nor was the other Dupont theatre that was around there as well (no not Visions the other one whose name escapes me).

The Janus gave way to Benetton about 5 years ago.  

I really enjoy - and tend to maintain a certain fondness for - movies I see in crappy independent theatres like Dupont and Janus.  My memories of those movies are often more distinct (maybe they tend to be higher quality movies).  The only problem is its really hard to justify dropping $11 + popcorn and drink see movies on a glorified big screen tv.