Author Topic: Springsteen - Magic  (Read 1512 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Springsteen - Magic
« on: September 26, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »
Streamed here if you are interested:

http://www.q1043.com/cc-common/news/sections/special/springsteen_bruce.html

Doesn't have the hidden track Terry's Song.

Brian Wallace need not comment.

taperkat

Re: Springsteen - Magic
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 01:01:00 am »
nice.......... and shit, now i'm really bummed i won't make teh show.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
Okay, let's talk about this puppy.  I actually really dig it.  i was not feeling Radio Nowhere when it first came out, but now I can't get it out of my head.  I think there are some weak spots (I think Girls In Their Summer Clothes is particularly egregious) and the production, once again, like the Rising, isn't to my tastes, but overall, solid effort.  I'm seeing him here in Philly tomorrow night, should be fantastic.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Graace:
  Okay, let's talk about this puppy.  I actually really dig it.  i was not feeling Radio Nowhere when it first came out, but now I can't get it out of my head.  I think there are some weak spots (I think Girls In Their Summer Clothes is particularly egregious) and the production, once again, like the Rising, isn't to my tastes, but overall, solid effort.  I'm seeing him here in Philly tomorrow night, should be fantastic.
graace, let us know how the show was.  i'm half consdering trekking down for this show, had a few people offer me a ticket.  but i'll be seeing him next week at the meadowlands, and it's been a long week, i'm seeing AF/LCD on saturday, i'm getting old, whine whine whine...

so please post your impressions of the show, so we can all (hopefully) get hyped for our upcoming performances  :)
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »
I found this online a few weeks ago and have been listening to it more than I thought I would. After what seems like 10 or so years of experimenting with different sounds and genres, this seems like a "Bruce" album with the big choruses, sax solos, and man-on-the-street lyrics. The more I listen to it, the more I'd like to see the show, but I missed out on tix.
oword

RustyOrgan

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 10:20:00 am »
Anyone think there is a chance for more floor seats being released closer to show date?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 10:43:00 am »
Originally posted by RustyOrgan:
  Anyone think there is a chance for more floor seats being released closer to show date?
I wouldn't be surprised at all.  Just keep checking as often as you can.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 11:10:00 am »
I'd definitely keep checking, they normally drop  a lot of really good seats when it gets closer to show time.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 09:48:00 am »
The flow was a litle off last night, energywise.  He would get the crowd up and crazy and then just kill it.  It was weird.  I think the band just needs to get back in the swing of things.  He left out Patti's song from her new album, which he's been playing, THANK GOD.  He's a lot less angry, a lot less preachy.  Not the best I've seen him but still a better show than almost any other band in the country could put on. Highlights: Badlands, Candy's Room, Brilliant Disguise, Thundercrack. . .

Logistically, the ticket situation was a nightmare.  For GA Floor there is a complicated wristband situation that began at two in the afternoon. . People were at each throats over places in line, several fights almost broke out.  America at its finest.

1. Radio Nowhere
 2. No Surrender
 3. Lonesome Day
 4. Gypsy Biker
 5. Magic
 6. Reason To Believe
 7. Candy's Room
 8. She's The One
 9. Livin' In The Future
 10. The Promise Land
 11. Brilliant Disguise
 12. My Hometown