Author Topic: Brendan Canty's 'Burn to Shine' DC DVD  (Read 1791 times)

kcjones119

Brendan Canty's 'Burn to Shine' DC DVD
« on: January 23, 2005, 12:58:00 pm »
Anybody else hear bout this?  There was a bit about it in the Post's Sunday Source.  Basically looks like Brendan got a bunch of area artists to stop by and perform in a house in Bethesda that was set to be burned down by the Fire Dept the next day.  Q and not U, Ted Leo, Bob Mould, Ian McKaye's new band The  Evens, French Toast, Weird War (was never impressed with them).  Comes out tuesday, it's on amazon and a bit more detailed descriptions grace the punk/indie news forums across the "inter-web"

thirsty moore

Re: Brendan Canty's 'Burn to Shine' DC DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 01:13:00 pm »
They either have it in the works, or have already done this in Chicago as well.  I think Shellac is involved in that one.

mrpee

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 02:03:00 pm »
Medications, who are also featured, had it for sale at their Black Cat show Saturday night. $10, I think, though I didn't pick one up.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 03:40:00 pm »
I was discussing this over breakfast this morning with someone who was wondering why it wasn't put out on Dischord.  I didn't really know what to say, except that Dischord aims for a certain sound and maybe this isn't it.
_\|/_

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
Maybe Brendan is trying to develop his own label.

thirsty moore

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 07:28:00 pm »
Okay, here goes.  As most of you know, Dischord only releases DC bands with the exception of Lungfish.  If this is to be a continuing thing, then Dischord would be releasing stuff from Chicago, probably NYC, etc.  

Either way, I'm interested in seeing this.  Hope there's not too much posing.

Sir HC

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 08:54:00 pm »
It could also be tangentially connected to Dischord.  Adult Swim (the label not the show), and Joe's labels are somehow attached with Dischord, so why not more?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 12:24:00 am »
I saw this a couple months ago at the Warehouse and picked it up last night at the Black Cat.  Great stuff.