Author Topic: wisdom teeth.  (Read 12488 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: wisdom teeth.
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2007, 06:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:
 where my mother had the car was waiting for me...
the side-effect of the drugs: loss of proof-reading skills...   ;)
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2007, 06:41:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by miss pretentious:
 where my mother had the car was waiting for me...
the side-effect of the drugs: loss of proof-reading skills...    :D
nothx

hijinksandsue

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2007, 07:18:00 pm »
I hope you brought enough for the whole class.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2007, 09:51:00 am »
Glad you pulled through.....we had a candlelight vigil for you down here in West Palm Beach.

I had my tooth ground down and a temp crown  fitted yesterday....am I weird or does anyone else like the odor of burning tooth enamel?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2007, 02:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

I had my tooth ground down and a temp crown  fitted yesterday....am I weird or does anyone else like the odor of burning tooth enamel?
i don't know about enamel, but i've got some pretty positive mental connections with the smell of my own burning flesh if that makes you feel better.

matts

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
  Glad you pulled through.....we had a candlelight vigil for you down here in West Palm Beach.

you are weird

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2007, 03:42:00 am »
Oh man, I had 2 wisdom teeth pulled and 2 cut out all in the same day. As with most, I was loaded up with good drugs during the surgery and afterwards. I think they gave me Haldol for the surgery but then they gave me Percodan afterwards.

Unlike a lot of others, I do not at all get nauseous from the drugs and it has this great affect on my appetite. Just after the surgery, I came home only to eat a giant juicy rare stake, a big salad and all of the trimmings. Took me hours to do so but I ate every last bite and enjoyed every bit of it. The next couple of weeks I ate like crazy! The only thing I had trouble with where sandwiches and that was only because I couldn't open my mouth far enough to cram them in. Of course, with the appetite I had on those drugs, that sure didn't stop me. I just used a knife and fork or found some other way to break it down.

A little after the fact eating advice: Learn to chew using your front teeth and allow your saliva to break down drier foods. Your eating time will be much slower but if you try, you'll be amazed at what all you can handle.

Samantha

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »
congratulations!  getting the wizzies pulled ain't so bad.  the antibiotics were the worst for me...

and all mouth smells are bad.  I've been assisting my dad/boss/dentist for the past couple weeks while the assistant was out, and while I don't mind doing it a couple of days...now I'm absolutely sick of teeth.  didn't help that the last procedure we did was yanking a huge, decaying molar...one of the most disgusting things I've seen.  I swear, my dad rarely does extractions, but whenever he does, I assist him.  it's some strange unwritten universal law.  BLEGH.

nkotb

« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
Didn't you go to FIT?  I know they have a toy design major, but I was unaware of the dental school.  Can I assume then that your scrubs are the height of fashion?  :D  

Originally posted by Samantha:
 I've been assisting my dad/boss/dentist for the past couple weeks while the assistant was out

Samantha

« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »
heh, I went to a couple summer classes at FIT, yeah, but I haven't been to college yet.

I work the front desk at my dad's dental office, and I basically fill in for anyone who's out...past two weeks filling in for the dental assistant, I'm trained for that from working here so many summers.

nkotb

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2007, 02:56:00 pm »
Gotcha.  Not to stalk or anything, but it struck a chord with me when you said it.  My wife went there, and prior to meeting her, I had never even heard of it.

heh, I went to a couple summer classes at FIT, yeah

Samantha

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
whatever man I see you peeking through my window.  I hate having the window desk.

oh, and my scrubs are the ones I bought when I was like 14...I don't bother with the pants, and the tops are close to being corsets.  "stylish" isn't the right word

thirsty moore

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2007, 03:00:00 pm »
Attn: Vansmack.

I don't bother with the pants, and the tops are close to being corsets.  "stylish" isn't the right word

Samantha

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2007, 03:05:00 pm »
I wear jeans.

vansmack

« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 06:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Not only do I have all of my wisdom teeth fitting nicely, I still have two baby teeth in my bottom jaw taking up space.
I learned a harsh lesson today - never go to the dentist on Friday the 13th.  Looks like the "fitting nicely" part has expired and I'm having two yanked soon.  Few things get me anxious, but the dentist is one of them.  I am notorious for novocaine not working long enough and waking up/not falling asleep with the recommended dosage.  This is going to suck.

oh, and my scrubs are the ones I bought when I was like 14...I don't bother with the pants, and the tops are close to being corsets.
Therefore, it looks like I need the address now, and maybe I'll get my wisdom teeth removed while I'm there too.
27>34