Author Topic: Running Diary: Angels at Red Sox  (Read 5697 times)

vansmack

Re: Running Diary: Angels at Red Sox
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 08:34:00 pm »
And the HD feed is so clear that Cabrera, Geurrero and Man-Rams helmet all look disgusting. I love it.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 08:39:00 pm »
Oh boy, Ervin Santana to the rescue.  What are his home numbers?  Oh wait, we're in Fenway.

Is it Friday yet?
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 08:43:00 pm »
We just discovered that the Ducks are playing the Red Wings over on VS-HD.  Think the Sox fans would get pissed if I changed the game in the 7th?

The answer is yes.  They were not happy, but I laughed.  Ducks are up 2-1 after two by the way.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 08:54:00 pm »
Where do guys with flavor-savers rank on your list of people who need a beat down?

It used to be #2 on my list, but after this performance by Beckett it's leap frogging guys over 30 with ponytails and for the time being will be #1 on my list.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »
At 101 pitches and letting Beckett throw the 9th is a mistake - especially in the playoffs.

This tells me that Francona doesn't like his bullpen either.

And that catch by Elsbury is a base hit if Man-Ram is in there.  Nice move by Francona.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 09:08:00 pm »
Damn.  2 hours, 30 minutes.  Beckett made quick work of the Angels.  Is it too late to change my vote for Cy Young?

The Angels only hope is game 2 and I still like our chances.  I know, I'm insane, but I really think the bullpen will falter.  I've banked on that from the beginning.
27>34

Mobius

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 09:23:00 am »
Beckett didn't even break a sweat.  that was Pedro '99 esque.

i was very happy w/ the TBS coverage.  EJ, Ripken, Thomas in studio were on point and Steve Stone is good in the booth.  So great not to deal w/ lame FOX coverage and Buck and McCarver.

saco

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 09:33:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  I'm a little disappointed the Sox fans didn't give Cabrera a standing O.  I guess that means the life span for showing appreciation for ending a nearly 90+ year drought is 3 years.
He wasnt THAT instrumental.  We'll be telling our granchildren about Dave Roberts, not OC.

As for the women, there are hot women in Boston,
 but the single ones either don't care or their husbands/boyfriends stop taking them to games in October and take their buddies instead.

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 09:41:00 am »
i have a couple of thoughts, since i was out getting trashed last night. i did watch innings 2-7. (yes, i am so sure we're gonna win, that i am not really even watching til the ALCS)

Beckett can throw 120 pitches, its cool, hes only 27.

i did laugh when i saw Beckett went all the way cause all i have been hearing is bullpen, bullpen, bullpen.  and then we play the game, and we dont even NEED a bullpen.

and Daisuke is capable of throwing 110 pitches too so he could easily go 7 or 8 innings tomorrow.

I am glad Papi got a HR early in the post-season, we're gonna need him later.

and as i said before (maybe not on here):

JD Drew holds the key to us winning the World Series...see how many times that guy is up with men on base?  if he gets hot, we dont lose another game!

oh and that Beckett trade? they got Mike Lowell in that deal as well.  I am just mad they let carlos Pena go last season!

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  JD Drew holds the key to us winning the World Series...see how many times that guy is up with men on base?  
Good.  Runners on first and second, two outs - he grounds out.  Runner on first, one out, he hits into a double play.  No one on, he grounds one up the middle that should have been an out, but Lackey gets in the way.

Looks like you won't be winning the World Series unless you pick up Stephen Drew.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2007, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:
 i was very happy w/ the TBS coverage.  EJ, Ripken, Thomas in studio were on point and Steve Stone is good in the booth.  So great not to deal w/ lame FOX coverage and Buck and McCarver.
I agree.  I don't care for EJ, but Thomas (after he got the deer in the headlights look behind him) and Ripken were great.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »

Originally posted by le sonick:
  JD Drew holds the key to us winning the World Series...see how many times that guy is up with men on base?  
Good.  Runners on first and second, two outs - he grounds out.  Runner on first, one out, he hits into a double play.  No one on, he grounds one up the middle that should have been an out, but Lackey gets in the way.

Looks like you won't be winning the World Series unless you pick up Stephen Drew. [/b]
we can win it without Drew, but if he gets hot, we pretty much can't lose it.  he needs to bat ninth though, seriously.

Fico

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2007, 12:25:00 pm »
Bill Simmons is that you??

Venerable Bede

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2007, 01:37:00 pm »
  Where do guys with flavor-savers rank on your list of people who need a beat down?

It used to be #2 on my list, but after this performance by Beckett it's leap frogging guys over 30 with ponytails and for the time being will be #1 on my list.
they are still number 3.  number 1- white people with dreads.  2- guys over 30 with ponytails.  3- guys with soul patches.
OU812

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fico:
  Bill Simmons is that you??
I wasn't anywhere near my best, let alone Simmons level.  I didn't realize how difficult it would be to be entertaining when you're fully engaged and have a stake in the event at hand.  I will stick to awards shows from here on out.
27>34