Author Topic: thatguy on DC101  (Read 5349 times)

sonickteam2

Re: thatguy on DC101
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 12:59:00 pm »
i have a CD player.  :)

ohh, and i am getting an ipod for my birthday!! woohoo!!! hello 21st century!!!

Samantha

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:
  i have a CD player.   :)  

ditto.  fuck the radio.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Your 30th?

My wife got me my first ipod for my recent 40th. Mind you, I'm still loading stuff on it and haven't actually used it...I'm saving that for when I have to commute alone in the near future.

i have a CD player.   :)  

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Your 30th?

My wife got me my first ipod for my recent 40th. Mind you, I'm still loading stuff on it and haven't actually used it...I'm saving that for when I have to commute alone in the near future.

i have a CD player.    :)  

[/b]
yup, the big 3-0.  so i figured if i am going to be old, i might as well have some new technology so time doesnt totally pass me by.  :)   i'll use it while riding to work and back.

Shadrach

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »
I listen to Colin Cowherd on ESPN radio in the mornings. He comes on at 10 AM. If I leave earlier than that I get Mike & Mike.

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »
People still listen to the radio?  Wow, who knew...
27>34

eltee

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »
Sonick - I always thought you had an iPod. Well, yay! I forget that DC101 even exists since I haven't listened to the radio (other than traffic reports) since I rec'd one.

Rhett - you can use yours other than when commuting...

And, nope, don't listen to the Junkies. I think they became passe with ZZ Top and the likes.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
i can't stand the ultra-short ambience/gated reverb effect they put on elliott's voice.  makes him sound even stupider.  of the few snippets i've heard (before needing to change the radio station) i haven't laughed once.  

Originally posted by bizou311®:
  anyone listen to the junkies 106.7?
i listen to them every morning, except when i'm giving a co-worker a ride (in which case i switch to NPR, to make me sound more intelligent  :D )  the junkies can be pretty damn funny, and they're also down to earth (aka low-brow humor).
<sig>

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

should we expect to hear you on the radio regularly?  a dose of josh first thing in the morning will kick-start anyone's day.  anyone else catch that segment this morning?
elliot called me yesterday while i was asleep, which is my normal state at that hour.  i called him back today, and he wanted to talk.  don't think it will be a regular thing, but i hear they talk about me every once in a while.  i know all of them from shows at the club, so the teasing and "attacks" are all good natured.  thanks for the kind words, though.

walkonby

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Samantha:

i have a CD player.    :)  

ditto.  fuck the radio. [/b]
the radios have cd players, and some have mptres capability.

Summerteeth

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by tigers scare me:
  the few times i've heard that show, it sounded like elliot was eating a steak dinner while talking on the radio.

gross.
sometimes he is.  Restaurants bringing in free food as a promo.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 08:46:00 pm »
I can't stand morning shows, period.

I'm not a morning person, and people who think they're funny are the very last thing I want to listen to in the morning.

(Is the thatguy conversation -- minus the rest of the show -- archived online somewhere?)