Author Topic: the best thing about the system show...  (Read 10180 times)

flawd101

Re: the best thing about the system show...
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 03:26:00 pm »
i hate smokers...they ruin shows completely but there is nothing i can do besides asking them to blow the smoke in the other direction...

danknugz

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 11:40:00 pm »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  i hate smokers...they ruin shows completely but there is nothing i can do besides asking them to blow the smoke in the other direction...
non-smokers tend to ruin the show by being whiney fucking pussies.

dlcjr1775

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2005, 12:08:00 am »

Non-smokers tend to ruin the show by being whiney fucking pussies.  

Classic. Simply classic. I love it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 09:32:00 am »
care to repeat that in thatguy's face?
T.Rex

sparklygirl

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 11:21:00 am »
Originally posted by danknugz:
I don't think I've ever seen nonsmokers at the 9:30 club ask ppl to stop smoking.  But then I don't rudely blow smoke in people's faces like you probably do.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 11:40:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
i've recently been enforcing a new (personal, not club) rule:  no smoking within arm's reach of me.  it's working out pretty well so far.

distance

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2005, 12:36:00 pm »
i'd rather have a bunch of cigarette smokers around me than a single cigar smoker.

i prefer non-smoking shows.  it's easier to breathe.  i don't reek of smoke when i get out of the show (thus not having to take a shower when i get home to keep my bed from smelling like smoke), etc.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
i've recently been enforcing a new (personal, not club) rule:  no smoking within arm's reach of me.  it's working out pretty well so far. [/b]
hey thatguy, what was going on with that girl in front of the club before ben folds went on ... did she pass out or something? drunk?
(o|o)

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 01:36:00 am »
Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
 hey thatguy, what was going on with that girl in front of the club before ben folds went on ... did she pass out or something? drunk?
iirc, she was just overheated, or dehydrated.  nothing too bad.

danknugz

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 10:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by sparklygirl:

I don't think I've ever seen nonsmokers at the 9:30 club ask ppl to stop smoking.  But then I don't rudely blow smoke in people's faces like you probably do. [/b]
actually, i blow the smoke up (away from people around me).. i just cant stand when i light up and i see some stupid ass next to me roll his eyes or sigh.. if it bothers you that much, move, or go to a show where there is a smoking ban. i'm offended by drunk assholes, but i dont bitch when people drink.

Bartelby

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 07:35:00 am »

Originally posted by sparklygirl:

I don't think I've ever seen nonsmokers at the 9:30 club ask ppl to stop smoking.  But then I don't rudely blow smoke in people's faces like you probably do. [/b]
actually, i blow the smoke up (away from people around me).. i just cant stand when i light up and i see some stupid ass next to me roll his eyes or sigh.. if it bothers you that much, move, or go to a show where there is a smoking ban. i'm offended by drunk assholes, but i dont bitch when people drink. [/b]
Hey, dood, just a thought:  Someone else's drinking has has absolutely no long term affect on you.  Your smoking, however, blows shit into the air that very radically affects other's respiratory and immune systems.  If you read these threads, you'll hear about a significant number of singers  who are having problems with their voices/respiratory systems so SEVERE it's interrupting their tours/shows.  Many of the physicians who treat these entertainers are telling 'em they should absolutely start requesting smoke-free venues...it's the trend, and you can keep doing what you want - but try being a little sensitive to others...and by the way, one other fact: IT"S GONNA KILL YOU IN AN AWFUL WAY.   You're making others sick no matter which direction you're blowing the smoke - unless it's back up your own ass.    :roll:

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 08:41:00 am »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  Hey, dood, just a thought:  Someone else's drinking has has absolutely no long term affect on you.  Your smoking, however, blows shit into the air that very radically affects other's respiratory and immune systems.  If you read these threads, you'll hear about a significant number of singers  who are having problems with their voices/respiratory systems so SEVERE it's interrupting their tours/shows.  Many of the physicians who treat these entertainers are telling 'em they should absolutely start requesting smoke-free venues...it's the trend, and you can keep doing what you want - but try being a little sensitive to others...and by the way, one other fact: IT"S GONNA KILL YOU IN AN AWFUL WAY.   You're making others sick no matter which direction you're blowing the smoke - unless it's back up your own ass.      :roll:  
oh really??? shit, i didnt know it was bad for me OR you??? oh no, i guess I'll stop,. thanks for the insight.   shut the hell up.

Bartelby

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2005, 09:46:00 am »
Ditto for you, you sarcastic twit...

sonickteam2

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Originally posted by BadSushi:
  Ditto for you, you sarcastic twit...
why dont you respect others....

jkeisenh

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 10:27:00 am »
i can't believe the SOAD threads are still running.  i thought the weekend would get rid of this problem.  dammit.