Author Topic: Muse Roll Call  (Read 23552 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Muse Roll Call
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2004, 10:29:00 am »
Saves the Day
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2004, 10:30:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  kinda sounds like a limp bizkit concert...
no george michael covers though.  

Matt did play a few riffs from Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker".

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2004, 11:04:00 am »
or a show i woulda went to when I was 13, if i had cool music taste then...

sonickteam2

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2004, 11:13:00 am »
I dont want to discourage anyone by making that show sound like some crazy fun rock concert.

this was the Philly show.

dont worry.  the DC show will be way more tame, and much less fun.  so dont go selling your tickets!

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2004, 11:41:00 am »
my friend saw them at Curiosa in NYC and said that they basically stole the show, insane stage presence the entire time... i'll be there tonight, then heading up to NYC Thursday for Interpol... oh yeah, and Pixies are only a month away!

Random Citizen

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2004, 12:49:00 pm »
I cannot wait for this show. It will take my mind off the knots in my stomach caused by the job search/interview process I'm entering.

sonickteam2

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  the job search/interview process I'm entering.
good luck with that.  maybe you will find employment tonight.  you could maybe get a job as Matts roadie, who takes his guitar and gives it back to him every 4 minutes when he goes from keyboard to guitar and back!

some job that is.

Bags

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
The Zutons are going to be at Revolution Records today [http://www.revolutionrecords.net/]:

Special in-store appearance, not a show, but they'll be here -- the Zutons from Liverpool (yes that Liverpool)!!  

They are hanging out at the store before their sold out show with Muse at 9:30 club -- TODAY
 Nov. 8th 3PM.  

Come on by or check out their new album, we
 have a great Zutons giveaway also!

redsock

« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2004, 02:07:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  I cannot wait for this show. It will take my mind off the knots in my stomach caused by the job search/interview process I'm entering.
I hope you don't get tension headaches for 4 months.... job searching blows...

Random Citizen

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2004, 02:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  I hope you don't get tension headaches for 4 months.... job searching blows...
Nah, my current job isn't that bad. I'm just looking to move up the food chain, which isn't possible now unless my boss decides to quit. He's made no such comments in that direction, alas.

Random Citizen

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2004, 02:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  good luck with that.  maybe you will find employment tonight.  you could maybe get a job as Matts roadie, who takes his guitar and gives it back to him every 4 minutes when he goes from keyboard to guitar and back!

some job that is.
Haha, thanks! I don't think I would be a good roadie.

malkmess

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2004, 02:32:00 pm »
i've got an interview with the zutons at 5:30. so please be nice to me, 9:30 staff, and let me in. then i will be rocking out to the show, i'm so psyched seeing the setlist from philly, if they play both "new born" and "plug in baby" i will be dancing like crazy.

Bags

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2004, 01:08:00 am »
f*cking brilliant....awesome, awesome show.  And even in DC, the crowd was rocking almost the whole time and all the way to at least two-thirds of the way back, to just in front of the monster soundboard they built out of the usual spot -- was about two and half times the normal size.

I fully admit, I'm a newcomer -- I got Absolution and Showbiz about three weeks ago.  I listen to Absolution a LOT.

I'm impressed.  And a $15 show to boot.  Kick ass.  Don't know if Interpol will be able to match 'em, but I'm hoping so.

helicon1

« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2004, 01:14:00 am »
I'm sorry if this offends people. But, IMHO,the sound absolutely sucked tonight. I've been to loud shows and enjoyed it, but this was really bad. Couldn't hear the vocals or bass at all. During some of the loudest parts, all I could hear was distortion and a faint snare beat.

I dont blame the 930 sound crew because they probably had nothing to do with it. Muse brought in their own sound board.

The Zutons, on the other hand, had a fantastic outing and they got the crowd going.

Bags

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2004, 01:23:00 am »
helicon, I think you're right...I just didn't know what to expect so I loved the show.  But a friend of mine was at the Phillie show and said the sound mix was immeasurably better -- crisp, vocals mixed up (including the bass player's, who apparently  has an awesome voice), bass was better mixed.