Author Topic: Anyone see S&G?  (Read 20072 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Anyone see S&G?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2022, 01:06:40 pm »
Saw Paul Simon at the club.  Great show.  What a band!

Also, was there.

Starsky

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 01:12:36 pm »
Yeah that was a treat! After that I was like “man I don’t need to see him again…no way to ever top that!”…so good

Yada

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2022, 01:21:12 pm »
Saw Paul Simon at the club.  Great show.  What a band!

Also attended that, great show... I did enjoy his "farewell" tour in MCI a few years ago though more.

A good example of buying tickets about 15 minutes before the show where we ended up like 10th row for about 75% of the cost.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2022, 01:27:31 pm »
paul's solo 930 show was a solid, but i was underwhelmed.  same setlist as his show at DAR 2 nights before.  i was hoping for something special, something different... i was closer to paul at DAR than i was at the club.  so over all it was a "me issue."  sound was better at the club. 
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2022, 01:31:54 pm »
I don’t get S&G. Like I don’t get what Art brings…I mean I like their records but Paul Simon writes all the songs. Ok Art delivered on Bridge Over Troubled Waters but it would still be a great song if Paul sang it.

Uh, Art is a vastly better singer, so there's that. Yes, BOTW would probably still be good if only Simon sang it, but would it have been a massive hit? Singer-not-the-song applies here.
😐 🎶

Starsky

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2022, 01:39:47 pm »
paul's solo 930 show was a solid, but i was underwhelmed.  same setlist as his show at DAR 2 nights before.  i was hoping for something special, something different... i was closer to paul at DAR than i was at the club.  so over all it was a "me issue."  sound was better at the club.

Yeah bud that something special something different was being 10 feet away from Paul