Author Topic: Maybe Trump Should Pardon This Person Thread  (Read 5308 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Maybe Trump Should Pardon This Person Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 07:07:31 am »
The message is clear if you are a corrupt politician who gets caught just wait for a Republican president to get elected... also be sure to defraud a bunch of people who felt a wall was important
T.Rex

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2021, 08:38:56 am »
Liddle Wayne, Harry-o and Kodak black ... didn’t realize Trump was such a modern hip hop fan
Also a Miami guy from the varsity blues thing (sorry aunt Becky... none for you)
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2021, 09:30:09 am »
Kwame Kilpatrick will be racking in millions through graft and getting hummers in the Bens Chili Bowl bathroom by the time the week is out. Wild.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2021, 09:37:10 am »
Well anything is truly possible in life when you lead bible study for your fellow inmates and get Diamond and Silk on your side... oh that stealing 5 million from the city of Detroit
T.Rex

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2021, 10:39:32 am »
HA!

White House Warns People Buying Pardons That Counterfeit Pardons Are Being Sold Online

By Andy Borowitz
slack

vansmack

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2021, 03:55:14 pm »
Agreed, but I'm concerned he's going to "pardon the patriots"
(putting the riot back in patriot)

He 100% will so prepare yourself for it.

I am SHOCKED he didn't (politically and personally) and apparently I'm not alone:

‘A Total Failure’: The Proud Boys Now Mock Trump

On social media, Proud Boys participants have complained about his willingness to leave office and said his disavowal of the Capitol rampage was an act of betrayal. And Mr. Trump, cut off on Facebook and Twitter, has been unable to talk directly to them to soothe their concerns or issue new rallying cries.

The Proud Boys’ anger toward Mr. Trump has heightened after he did nothing to help those in the group who face legal action for the Capitol violence.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2021, 03:57:24 pm »
Liddle Wayne, Harry-o and Kodak black ... didn’t realize Trump was such a modern hip hop fan

Lil Wayne met with the president in October, two months before pleading guilty to a federal gun charge.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

I could see a tax charge coming if Trump doesn't declare the income from these sales of pardons...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2021, 05:02:45 pm »

Lil Wayne met with the president in October, two months before pleading guilty to a federal gun charge.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

I could see a tax charge coming if Trump doesn't declare the income from these sales of pardons...

that the pardonees paid for their reprieves is the more nefarious explanation, and the one i hope is true - so the feds can follow up and jail all involved, including el cheeto.

however, lil' wayne vocally endorsed trump shortly before the election.  trump could have pardoned him based solely on "loyalty" ("hey, he liked me, so i like him").  even if it was a quid pro quo - "you endorse me, and i'll make the gun charges disappear" - it would be harder to proved vs. cash payments, since money leaves a trail and hand-shake agreements rarely do.
<sig>

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2021, 01:38:48 pm »
interesting NYT thread on the Pay for Pardon game and how a lot of grifters made a lot of money promising they could get a pardon for trump...some didn't happen, but they still cashed the checks

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1351771621221142535

MATT SCHLAPP was hired to lobby TRUMP for a pardon for Trump donor PETE PETIT.
 disclosed yesterday he was paid $750k for that work between 12/17 & 12/31.
* Petit didn't get pardoned

Josh Nass  was paid a total of $100k last month to seek clemency for 4 different people, none of whom got pardons or commutations from TRUMP.
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2021, 01:48:37 pm »
interesting NYT thread on the Pay for Pardon game and how a lot of grifters made a lot of money promising they could get a pardon for trump...some didn't happen, but they still cashed the checks

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1351771621221142535

MATT SCHLAPP was hired to lobby TRUMP for a pardon for Trump donor PETE PETIT.
 disclosed yesterday he was paid $750k for that work between 12/17 & 12/31.
* Petit didn't get pardoned

Josh Nass  was paid a total of $100k last month to seek clemency for 4 different people, none of whom got pardons or commutations from TRUMP.

So they hired professional mercy seekers who couldn't deliver. Caveat emptor. Hell of a grift but probably not illegal unless guarantees were offered.
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2021, 05:35:44 pm »
My guess:  Hitler, Sirhan Sirhan, every confederate General, Mark David  Chapman and OJ?

Sirhan Sirhan, paroled.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2021, 06:04:05 pm »
My guess:  Hitler, Sirhan Sirhan, every confederate General, Mark David  Chapman and OJ?

Sirhan Sirhan, paroled.

i believe that he was recommended for parole, but parole hasn't been granted yet.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2021, 06:10:40 pm »

Sirhan Sirhan, paroled.

i believe that he was recommended for parole, but parole hasn't been granted yet.

Nope he's parolled.

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2022, 07:06:49 pm »
Jan 6 defendants are on the table apparently

this shit is just crazy and not sure how those who vote R can't see this is not how real democracies run...but here we are
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2022, 08:46:46 pm »
not sure how those who vote R can't see this is not how real democracies run...

GOP'ers are either willing to trade democracy for power, or are tolerant of their leaders who believe that.
<sig>