Author Topic: Wolf Parade Tour  (Read 6343 times)

kurosawa-b/w

Re: Wolf Parade Tour
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 01:35:00 pm »
I disagree with Shah about Wolf & Cub. I really like them. And I can't wait to see Wolfmother next weekend. The number of bands with Wolf in their names is getting a bit much, though.

And Wolf Parade tix don't seem to be on sale yet, so I'm guessing 5pm. I doubt it'll sell out this weekend, but probably pretty soon.

scottlemuelwilliams

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 02:11:00 pm »
How is parking at the ottobar?  Is there a parking lot?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 02:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by scottlemuelwilliams:
  How is parking at the ottobar?  Is there a parking lot?
Much easier than DC!

As always, take your street smarts with you but it is well lit and most people won't bother you.

Yes, there is a run down parking lot next door but I think they may charge for it. Have no idea how much.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 02:51:00 pm »
Parking behind the Ottobar is free, it's dimly lite and only a short distance to the door.
T.Rex

Jaguar

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2006, 02:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  Parking behind the Ottobar is free, it's dimly lite and only a short distance to the door.
I know it use to be free but I could have sworn that I recently saw signs noting something about a Pay Lot. I drive by it on my way home from work so I'll have to keep my eyes out. Haven't been there in ages so can't say.

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2006, 02:59:00 pm »
You should be able to park on 28th St - right next to the parking lot - under a street light.

You should be fine.

kcjones119

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »
the lot next door is $5, parking behind the club is free but does fill up early for the crowded shows.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2006, 03:09:00 pm »
If you get there around the time doors open, parking on the street should be plentiful. I've never had a problem. Watch out for the pay lot. It has lots of broken glass.

Jaguar

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2006, 03:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  If you get there around the time doors open, parking on the street should be plentiful. I've never had a problem. Watch out for the pay lot. It has lots of broken glass.
All true!

You can pay $5 to the 'Diamond Lot' (because it sparkles like diamonds) for the priviledge of having your tires flattened. Of course, watch out for the bottles along the curbs on the streets.

Darth Ed

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 03:50:00 am »
I purchased my Wolf Parade ticket at the Black Cat "box office" this evening. The guy who got my tickets for me said that it was going to sell out soon. If you don't have your ticket(s) yet, I suggest your get over to the Black Cat in the next 2-3 days or else order it from Ticketmaster.

amnesiac

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 12:00:00 pm »
The Black Cat show appears to be sold out now.

lily1

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 11:37:00 pm »
in your opinion, if i very much dislike arcade fire, will i dislike wolf parade as well? i'd like to check them out but everytime i read anything, arcade fire is always mentioned. and arcade fire, i definitely, do not have an affinity for.

Taster

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 10:30:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  in your opinion, if i very much dislike arcade fire, will i dislike wolf parade as well? i'd like to check them out but everytime i read anything, arcade fire is always mentioned. and arcade fire, i definitely, do not have an affinity for.
I find Arcade Fire boring and the Wolf Parade album was my favorite from last year.  I don't think they sound very similar. You can hear a few of their songs here: http://www.myspace.com/wolfparade

Darth Ed

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006, 01:06:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  in your opinion, if i very much dislike arcade fire, will i dislike wolf parade as well?
In my opinion, probably yes.