Author Topic: Congrats Rhett & baby  (Read 5009 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: Congrats Rhett & baby
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 12:56:00 pm »
Celeste is now officially a MILF!!!!
 Congratulations to the three of you. Our friends down here just had a baby a bit early (8 weeks early I think).....just shy of 4lbs.

Now the fun 'really starts'!

This has been my June with Rory's teacher.
 Teacher -Mr. Oxley, Rory his hitting his friends in class.
 Me - Oh, I'm sorry what't the circumstances?
 Teacher - Well, Chase pushed him so Rory punched him.
 Me - Well I bet Chase doesn't push Rory again.

Yesterday,
 Teacher - Mr. Oxley, Rory and Chase were in the bathroom and they flashed their penis's to the girls.
 Me - Err, well, err, I'll talk to him Miss Trudy.

It's fun, oh so much fun!!

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 01:06:00 pm »
I'm going to be a horrible parent.  I laughed at every one of those....
27>34

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 01:07:00 pm »
Thanks for all of your kind words. This is really a wonderful time for both of us.

Bags: Congratulations on the arrival of your niece (or nephew)?  Your sister is lucky to have you around to help out. All of our relatives are hundreds of miles away, though of course we have friends who all seem to be having kids these days who will be here for support.

Bearman: Good question about what song was first heard. My wife actually had hoped to have music playing during the birth, but that didn't happen. I think she played the new Wilco album shortly after the birth, so that's the first thing baby heard. It may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that the Old 97's at Artscape will be babies first show. We already bought some hearing protection for her. Hopefully this will push her in the right direction musically!

We had planned an all natural drug and intervention free birth at a midwife run birth center. As labor progressed, we made the decision to just go ahead and have it at home. The bottom line was that the contractions had grown quite intense, and C didn't want any part of having them during a car ride. It turned out to be a wonderful decision, and she almost gave birth on our back deck, before moving into the bedroom.

And since some of y'all asked, here's some pics from her first hours on earth. Be nice, I know I'm an old man/dork! Thankfully, she looks just like her mommy.

www.gretchenpowers.com/ava

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »
how sweet and adorable. the photos are fantastic.
 and funny how although her first words may have been bashing of a certain mr. billy corgan... they can always share the bond in her name... ava. i bet you AVA ADORE it.

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Thanks for all of your kind words. This is really a wonderful time for both of us.

Bags: Congratulations on the arrival of your niece (or nephew)?  Your sister is lucky to have you around to help out. All of our relatives are hundreds of miles away, though of course we have friends who all seem to be having kids these days who will be here for support.

Bearman: Good question about what song was first heard. My wife actually had hoped to have music playing during the birth, but that didn't happen. I think she played the new Wilco album shortly after the birth, so that's the first thing baby heard. It may be wishful thinking, but I'm hoping that the Old 97's at Artscape will be babies first show. We already bought some hearing protection for her. Hopefully this will push her in the right direction musically!

We had planned an all natural drug and intervention free birth at a midwife run birth center. As labor progressed, we made the decision to just go ahead and have it at home. The bottom line was that the contractions had grown quite intense, and C didn't want any part of having them during a car ride. It turned out to be a wonderful decision, and she almost gave birth on our back deck, before moving into the bedroom.

And since some of y'all asked, here's some pics from her first hours on earth. Be nice, I know I'm an old man/dork! Thankfully, she looks just like her mommy.

nothx

Barcelona

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »
Congratulations Rhett. It is always good to learn about the more humane part of this board.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  Congratulations Rhett. It is always good to learn about the more humane part of this board.
i know there is a snappy "please spay and neuter" comment waiting to happen here, but i can't come up with it at the moment.
<sig>

TheDirector217

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by Barcelona:
i know there is a snappy "please spay and neuter" comment waiting to happen here, but i can't come up with it at the moment. [/b]
You start Bob Barker Appreciation Threads on your own time, aight????  This is about Rhett & the young'un now.    ;)  

Congrats again . . . .

poorlulu

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »
congratulations Rhett and Celeste,  
 on an ickle girl bet she grows up to be just like her dad.....well by being a girly she is half way there already

:p

eltee

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 04:12:00 pm »
Congratulations to the entire family! Happy to hear mom and baby are doing fine. Kudos on the home birth. Yowza.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 10:33:00 pm »
â?¢ Born June 22, 2007 at 8:54 pm

>>> Well,buddy....I was smack dab in the middle of the "rock show" in Richmond as the missus delivered at home!.....Gonna say the Truckers were somewhere in the midst of "18 wheels of love" right about the time of the delivery....pretty sweet....congrats to both of you and I'll see ya soon! much love to the new family!.......the good doctor...

Celeste

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 06:31:00 am »
Thanks to everybody for the very kind words...and amusing posts...

Congrats to you, Bags, on your aunthood. Wish my sister was as cool.

Learned a new word, "ickle", cute!

Mankie, we will definitely be PMing you for parenting tips based on your anecdotes.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 08:13:00 am »
wow, I didn't even know Celeste was preggo!

Congrats to you both...
_\|/_

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 03:10:00 pm »
Awesome! See you at the Dirt Underneath show!

Originally posted by Dr. Anton Phibes:
  â?¢ Born June 22, 2007 at 8:54 pm

>>> Well,buddy....I was smack dab in the middle of the "rock show" in Richmond as the missus delivered at home!.....Gonna say the Truckers were somewhere in the midst of "18 wheels of love" right about the time of the delivery....pretty sweet....congrats to both of you and I'll see ya soon! much love to the new family!.......the good doctor...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
Who is Randall and Gretchen?

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:

(_|_)

SPARX

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »
Belated congrats to you both! Try to get some sleep now,ya hear.