Author Topic: Interpol Rollcall  (Read 30992 times)

TomJaworski

Re: Interpol Rollcall
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 07:56:00 pm »
I'm there.
 That review is overly harsh and quite pretenious...like Interpol is the only new band whose sound is derived/inspired from an eariler band's work.  Plus, I had to hold back laughter and a little vomit with this quote:

"the criminally neglected Electric 6"

That being said, however, I still feel that "Turn on the Bright Lights" is a far superior album.  Only a few tracks on "Antics" (particulary Slow Hands and Length of Love) hold up to their debut tunes.

It still should be a dynamite show, especially with the Secret Machines opening.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 08:41:00 pm »
i am going to go.  yes i am.

Bartelby

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 02:00:00 am »
I'll be there. Bunnyman, can I buy you a drink?  I'm a barbi lookin' chick - often at the top bar - and I'd like to meet you.  Hope you'll come up to say "hi".  PS: Celeste and Bags...can I buy you a coke/beer/wine/ice water or a Gucci purse?

Bartelby

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 02:05:00 am »
I'll be there. Bunnyman, can I buy you a drink?  I'm a barbi lookin' chick - often at the top bar - and I'd like to meet you.  Hope you'll come up to say "hi".  PS: Celeste and Bags...can I buy you a coke/beer/wine/ice water or a Gucci purse?

distance

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 03:32:00 am »
if i can get a ticket, i'll be there.

Bartelby

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 03:40:00 am »
I think I have an extra for you.  PM me.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 09:25:00 am »
I will be there front and center.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 09:47:00 am »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  i'm pretty sure that this shannon is a guy. not positive, but pretty sure. like the dead guy from blind melon.
Actually it's a girl...she used to be in a band called the Zimmermans....

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 10:10:00 am »
Hey, these guys choose their friends just the way the rest of us do....by what they wear! They are so cool and interesting!

The post-punk punk band's influence can be heard in Interpol's taut rhythms and the intensity of their live shows, but no one will ever trace Interpol's fashion sensibility -- notably those trademark black Italian suits -- to Washington. That's pretty much the province of Kessler and bassist Carlos Dengler, originally a philosophy major at NYU and host of the campus radio's goth show, "Theatrum Aethereum."

"I didn't always dress this way, but in some capacity I knew that one day I would," says Kessler, a fan of '50s and '60s films, particularly the French New Wave, and the way "gentlemen" in those films dressed. "I've always had an affinity for people with style. When I met Carlos, I was dressed very similarly to the way I am today, and that's one of the things that drew us together. We were in a dorm full of undergraduates who wore NYU sweaters and jeans -- maybe that was one thing that made me feel we might have something in common."

bearman🐻

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 10:48:00 am »
anybody have an extra ticket? And yes, Suki, by all means you can buy me a drink! I'll even buy you one too!

megs

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by kurosawa-b/w:
  I will be there front and center.
ditto.

Bags

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2004, 11:14:00 am »
I'll certainly take a purse...anytime!

Kurosawa, I'd love to be up front for Secret Machines, but I can't get there super early.  Any hints?  [I don't rememver when doors are supposed to be....]

frostytheswami

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 12:19:00 pm »
Count me in.

Doors are at 7:30, and On! Air! Library! is opening...

Bags

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by Frosty The Swami:
  Count me in.

Doors are at 7:30, and On! Air! Library! is opening...
Instead of the Zutons? (I think I recall seeing they had some problem and had cancelled some shows...)

If so, what's the story with On!Air!Library!

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2004, 12:48:00 pm »
They! are! easily! excitable!

Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by Frosty The Swami:
 [qb]

If so, what's the story with On!Air!Library! [/b]