Author Topic: Interpol Rollcall  (Read 30986 times)

eltee

Re: Interpol Rollcall
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2004, 12:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  Didn't see the fight, but yikes.

After the fight, some guy fell into the back wall and almost tipped over until I pushed him back up.

Random Citizen

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2004, 12:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Yet again, another reason why I got there early, got up front, and was SO grateful not to have to deal with the audience. Of course, I am also lucky to have the time to do that. I managed to meet Sam and he was incredibly cool. Too bad he doesn't smile more, it makes him look like less of a thug when he does.
I so need to hang out with you. You get it...go to shows and have fun.  :)

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »
unless he was on the basketball team...but then again he did say he graduated from Georgetown

Originally posted by chaz:

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:

Originally posted by tpw:

This town is very uptight about pot in general.  A show on the west coast has a completely different vibe.
where do you live/hangout? rich white areas?

i pass guys on the street smoking blunts outside at 8am every day on my way to work. you can buy a dime bag on every corner around my house (in adams morgan), roll it up and smoke it on the street without anyone caring.

[/b]
People sell pot in Hoya's hood!  He's got street cred!  Since pot is sold at Flawd's high school, does that mean he's got street cred too?

Having attended G'Town University, I'm assuming Hoya grew up in one of those rich white neighborhoods he's mocking. [/b]

TomJaworski

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2004, 12:59:00 pm »
Last time Interpol played 9:30 they were excellent, but they had already started turning into an "it" band that would attract too many people who were there to make the scene and talk incessantly to their friends, either in person or on their cell phones.

If you are a true music fan you have to look past that.  Don't look down on a band because they sell out shows. I hate it when indie fans in-the-know come of as greedy because "their band" gets played on MTV. Interpol should be applauded for breaking out in a horribly bland music industry.  The fair-weather fans will soon fade away and move onto something else.

sonickteam2

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2004, 01:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Random Citizen:

Originally posted by bunnyman:
  Yet again, another reason why I got there early, got up front, and was SO grateful not to have to deal with the audience. Of course, I am also lucky to have the time to do that. I managed to meet Sam and he was incredibly cool. Too bad he doesn't smile more, it makes him look like less of a thug when he does.
I so need to hang out with you. You get it...go to shows and have fun.   :)  [/b]
yes! fun people need to take over 930

btw, i checked my coat last night, and my ticket was number "930" cool, eh?

so at the end of the night, i asked him what i won....and he said "a leather jacket"

thanks.

ratioci nation

« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2004, 01:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by LonnieBeale:
 a true music fan
what a ridiculous phrase

and you would have to hear past it, not see past it

sonickteam2

« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2004, 01:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  unless he was on the basketball team...but then again he did say he graduated from Georgetown

Rhett = funny

plus , he said he was 5'10"

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2004, 01:05:00 pm »

Originally posted by tpw:

This town is very uptight about pot in general.  A show on the west coast has a completely different vibe.
where do you live/hangout? rich white areas?

i pass guys on the street smoking blunts outside at 8am every day on my way to work. you can buy a dime bag on every corner around my house (in adams morgan), roll it up and smoke it on the street without anyone caring.

[/b]
People sell pot in Hoya's hood!  He's got street cred!  Since pot is sold at Flawd's high school, does that mean he's got street cred too?

Having attended G'Town University, I'm assuming Hoya grew up in one of those rich white neighborhoods he's mocking. [/b]
[/b]
Georgetown is actually always in the top 5% or so of DI schools at graduating its athletes ... if you remember back to 1996, when Iverson left early, it was a scandal ...

basketball players at g'town are true "scholar-athletes", not some bullshit like THE ohio state university.

and i grew up in a - gasp - integrated neighborhood in florida.
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2004, 01:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

Having attended G'Town University, I'm assuming Hoya grew up in one of those rich white neighborhoods he's mocking.
and last night probably wasnt the first time he's had to ask bar security to help him out with "douchebags" [/b]
honestly, what would you have done differently? start a fight, get your ass kicked by two guys bigger than you, get kicked out of DC9 (and i assume asked not to come back)?

you're hardcore!!!
(o|o)

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2004, 01:13:00 pm »
Iverson?

Rhett = funny

plus , he said he was 5'10" [/b]

« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2004, 01:16:00 pm »
That is because there are only 12 guys on the mens basketball team, all majoring in phys ed, and the football team plays touch football.

Onl

[/qb][/QUOTE]Georgetown is actually always in the top 5% or so of DI schools at graduating its athletes ......

[/QB][/QUOTE]

eltee

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2004, 01:17:00 pm »

Having attended G'Town University, I'm assuming Hoya grew up in one of those rich white neighborhoods he's mocking.
and last night probably wasnt the first time he's had to ask bar security to help him out with "douchebags" [/b]
honestly, what would you have done differently? [/b]
Ignore them [in the first place] and enjoy the show?

Guiny

« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2004, 01:20:00 pm »

so at the end of the night, i asked him what i won....and he said "a leather jacket"

thanks.
Congrats, I bet it looked just like yours didn't it?

ggw

« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2004, 01:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by LonnieBeale:
 If you are a true music fan you have to look past that.  Don't look down on a band because they sell out shows. I hate it when indie fans in-the-know come of as greedy because "their band" gets played on MTV. Interpol should be applauded for breaking out in a horribly bland music industry.  The fair-weather fans will soon fade away and move onto something else.
I don't look down on them, I just didn't feel like standing in a hot and crowded room straining to hear them over some inconsiderate boor who is gabbing on his cell phone about how wasted he/she got last night.

(Christ, that sounds very Rhett-like, doesn't it?)

I saw Interpol the last four times they've been through DC, so there was no urgency to see them. Last night, I just wasn't in the mood for the hassle.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2004, 01:22:00 pm »
  That is because there are only 12 guys on the mens basketball team, all majoring in phys ed, and the football team plays touch football.

Onl  

[/b]
Georgetown is actually always in the top 5% or so of DI schools at graduating its athletes ......

[/QB][/QUOTE] [/QB][/QUOTE]

ignorance must be bliss, eh?

tell that to reuben boumtje-boumtje, who was the team's starting center, a double math/biology major, and president of georgetown's math club. oh, and a second round NBA draft pick.

or dikembe mutumbo, who was pre-med.

or dozens of other amazingly physically gifted players who are also intellectually brilliant and driven.
(o|o)