Author Topic: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th  (Read 177182 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Rumor: Smashing Pumpkins at 9:30 Club July 10th
« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
 What now you want a piece of me too?  Are you and Vansmack a tag teaming couple now?  Though it's  besides the point, Marin blows.  Zuma wasn't a spot of choice other than it had kiddie waves for a then newbie like me, my girlfriend went to school a few miles away, and it just so happened to be where I nearly had my first board shoved up my @$$ by an unfriendly local.  The waves never broke 3 feet which was I why I went to the shitty beach as I was just learning having grown up in Washington state where wind surfing was the sport of choice with all the subtle differences similar to what they used to say on Square Pegs "Punk, New Wave...totally different head." [/qb]
oh shite! now youre going to go off on marin. now we really cant be friends.   :p  
 and dont worry - if i were smarter id have done what you did - i attempted to learn how to surf at stinson and nearly drowned. it took 4 guys to pull me from the undertow.
HeyLa

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by martinrob:
  I think you are on crack if you think that is their best song.  And why should it be a surprise if they come bcak and regain their popularity?  
 I really think if you have a no knowledge or respect for a band, why then voice you humble opinion on a message board dedicated to that particualar band.  I am not going on to a bard about Amy Winehouse b/c I am not fond of her.
Back off.  Mankie became a senior citizen today.  You can pick on him again tomorrow.

Oh, and he's been on this board long enough to pipe in on any thread.  We just ignore him when it comes to the music portions, save for Morrissey and David Bowie.  He knows his shit there. [/b]
...and Beautiful South, Squeeze, Pogues.  ;)

I never quite get why someone has to be on crack if they happen to have different musical tastes to someone else.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
 I never quite get why someone has to be on crack if they happen to have different musical tastes to someone else.
they're not, but when you pratter on like a retard about entire genres of music and cultures that you know absolutely nothing about yet feel entitled / qualified to speak on, it doesn't come across too well

by the way, could you please tell us again how you feel about hip-hop / modern R&B music?
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2007, 03:52:00 pm »
  You bitter old fart     :p       There weren't ANY waves where I lived in Palo Alto so leave me alone, we were all young and silly once...at least some of us were     :roll:  
The best place in CA to learn to surf is Santa Cruz, right down the road from Palo Alto.  Cowell Beach is always packed with beginners on soft boards.  It's the perfect spot to figure it all out.

Zuma blows - that waves and the people.  Your locals should have told you that.  Head down to the OC and surf Old Mans and Dog Patch - you won't catch much shit there (save for the nuclear waste from San Onofre).  Trestles on the other hand, well you can catch some flak there...

Oh, and those signs on Stinson about drowning because of the undertow - they're for real!
27>34

bnyced0

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2007, 07:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

You bitter old fart      :p        There weren't ANY waves where I lived in Palo Alto so leave me alone, we were all young and silly once...at least some of us were      :roll:  
The best place in CA to learn to surf is Santa Cruz, right down the road from Palo Alto.  Cowell Beach is always packed with beginners on soft boards.  It's the perfect spot to figure it all out.

Zuma blows - that waves and the people.  Your locals should have told you that.  Head down to the OC and surf Old Mans and Dog Patch - you won't catch much shit there (save for the nuclear waste from San Onofre).  Trestles on the other hand, well you can catch some flak there...

Oh, and those signs on Stinson about drowning because of the undertow - they're for real! [/b]
All very good info, just not timely...my dust up at Zuma took place in 1986....most of what you note  I found out eventually, at least the things relevant to the late 80s.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 07:43:00 am »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:

Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:
by the way, could you please tell us again how you feel about hip-hop / modern R&B music? [/b]
That's like me berating you children for ranting on about Morrissey etc. but I enjoy your views on such subject....it's music, not our families we are slagging off, get over yourself for gods sake!

I'll let others speak for me regarding the race baiting, promoting of gang violence and humiliation of women that is known as rap/hip hop.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,255606,00.html

Sir HC

« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2007, 08:37:00 am »
Why would they play the club twice in such a short time?  Last week's show was brilliant.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2007, 08:43:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Why would they play the club twice in such a short time?  Last week's show was brilliant.
<insert some smilie i'm to lazy to google here or some like ROTFLMAO>
T.Rex

BLL1201

« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2007, 08:49:00 am »
from Billboard.com...

As the July 10 release of their comeback album approaches, the reconstituted Smashing Pumpkins have revealed their fall tour itinerary. The outing begins Sept. 8 at Montreal's Osheaga Festival and will run through Nov. 5 in Nashville. The group is presently in the midst of a nine-show residency in Asheville, N.C., and will also play Live Earth outside New York on Saturday (July 7).

Fans who pre-order "Zeitgeist" through the iTunes Music Store will get first crack at tickets via a Ticketmaster promotion. General public tickets go on sale July 14.

"Zeitgeist" is led by the single "Tarantula," which is No. 2 on Billboard's Modern Rock chart and No. 7 on the Mainstream Rock tally. That song and others from the new album will be played during two separate upcoming performances on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman," set for July 9 and July 13.

Here are the Smashing Pumpkins' fall tour dates:

Sept. 8: Montreal (Osheaga Festival)
 Sept. 9: Toronto (V Fest)

Yes No
   Yes No

Yes No

Sept. 13: Las Vegas (the Pearl)
 Sept. 18: Phoenix (Dodge Theatre)
 Sept. 24: Vancouver (NE Forum)
 Sept. 28: Salt Lake City (McKay Center)
 Sept. 30: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks)
 Oct. 2: St. Paul, Minn. (Wilkins Auditorium)
 Oct. 4: Normal, Ill. (Braden Auditorium)
 Oct. 7: Detroit (Fox Theatre)
 Oct. 9: Pittsburgh (Palumbo Center)
 Oct. 11: Columbus, Ohio (LC Pavilion)
 Oct. 15-16: Boston (Orpheum Theatre
 Oct. 21-22: Philadelphia (Tower Theatre)
 Oct. 25: Memphis (Mud Island Amphitheatre)
 Oct. 30: Atlanta (Fox Theatre)
 Nov. 3: Dallas (Nokia Theatre)
 Nov. 5: Nashville (Ryman Auditorium)

azaghal1981

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2007, 09:05:00 am »
If it's happening, it'll be in today's email blast.
احمد

Darth Ed

« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  If it's happening, it'll be in today's email blast.
Was Dylan's quasi-secret 2004 show in the e-mail blast? I don't think it was.

Keeping my fingers crossed! (Thoug, it dies mak tipinhg hader.)

zwanagogo666

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2007, 12:02:00 pm »
Pumpkins 7/10 9:30 club
 7:30pm
 Onsale Friday @ 10am
 opening band celebraton

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by zwanagogo666:
 Onsale Friday @ 10am
 opening band celebraton
uhhhh?
nothx

TheDirector217

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2007, 12:22:00 pm »
 Onsale Friday @ 10am
 opening band celebraton
Until I hear some more, I'm inclined to file this under "bullshit".

But I want it to be true . . . .

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2007, 12:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Onsale Friday @ 10am
 opening band celebraton
Until I hear some more, I'm inclined to file this under "bullshit".

But I want it to be true . . . . [/b]
you and me both director.
 you and me both.
nothx