Author Topic: 3EB Should be Embarrassed 10/31 Show  (Read 6884 times)

roder

3EB Should be Embarrassed 10/31 Show
« on: November 01, 2003, 01:30:00 pm »
I was at the 3EB/Guster Show last night at the 9:30 Club, and I really have to say that Third Eye Blind should be ashamed and embarrassed at the performance they put on last night. To have Guster OPEN with an Hour and a Half Show and then come back with an encore, only then to see third eye blind close the show with weak 45 Minute Set with NO Encore was an absolute disappointment. The BOO's from the audience should tell the band that they made a mistake last night. In all honestly, it wouldn't have been a big deal if Third Eye Blind had Opened for Guster, but since they were in the "Headliner" part of the show, they could have at least played an Encore.

While the songs that 3EB did play were good, I have to say overall i was disappointed for a band that I have seen many times before and have come out of the show shocked at what a great performance they put on.

While I'm a much bigger Third Eye Blind Fan than a Guster Fan, if 3EB was gonna play such a pathetic set, they should have let Guster Headline.

sonickteam2

Re: 3EB Should be Embarrassed 10/31 Show
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 05:43:00 pm »
So i was at the 3EB show last night....wait, no i wasnt.  But i stopped by the club to get tickets to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and what i saw was funny.  It was probably around 10pm and there was this guy outside who had gotten kicked out for buying a drink for a minor and he was arguing his case to Josh, i think thats his name, big guy with the plugs.  It was totally hilarious because he was trying to get back inside and was like "where does it say minors cant drink" and as the staff points to 6 signs out front alone, he still pleads his case. Josh (i think) is all up in his face but very calmly and rationally telling him THE LAW, and this dumbass just cannot get it.  it was great.  he seemed to think it was funny to , and then i think he wanted a refund.

man, people are dumb and i like the 930 club staff today, haha.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 07:00:00 am »
1. 3eb was scheduled to play a short set.  last night was a radio show/benefit.  it was not a full 3eb show.  

b. that kid argued his case out front for well over an hour with a police officer.  gotta love first semester law students.  they know it all.

Barcelona

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 08:57:00 am »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  1. 3eb was scheduled to play a short set.  last night was a radio show/benefit.  it was not a full 3eb show.  

I don't know anything about this band, but was this announced in the band's website, at the 9:30 website or somewhere else? If that hadn't been announced, then I can understand their fans being upset. Do you know if people in this show paid less money that in other shows of this same tour? That would seem to be fair.

chknfngrs

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 09:36:00 am »
no they did not pay less, hence the "benefit" part of the billing.

CinSULaxChCk

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 01:25:00 pm »
I didnt go to the show but its a shame to hear that 3eb didnt play so well. I think they are a great band with good music. what a dissapointment

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2003, 09:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:
  I don't know anything about this band, but was this announced in the band's website, at the 9:30 website or somewhere else? If that hadn't been announced, then I can understand their fans being upset. Do you know if people in this show paid less money that in other shows of this same tour? That would seem to be fair.
the show was a "bosom ball" to benefit the gw university mammovan.  it was put on by 104.  i'm not sure how it was advertised.

Santos L. Halper

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2003, 11:22:00 pm »

b. that kid argued his case out front for well over an hour with a police officer.  gotta love first semester law students.  they know it all.
Which law school?  If it's the one I go to I want to meet this moron.  A moron for going to a 3rd eye blind show, not the drink thing.

flawd101

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 01:46:00 am »
they should have shot him in the legs and post a sign on his chest saying "KKK, kill all the
 n!gg3rs!!!" and left him out on the street. with dolar bills stapled to him. and a beer...

bedelman

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 02:16:00 am »
So will the $35 show later this month entail a full 3eb set, or a 45 minute short set?  

I might well attend if it's the former.  But if it's not even a full set, this is perhaps too steep a price for me, not to mention a bit odd on Thanksgiving night.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2003, 03:11:00 am »
Originally posted by musicguy:
  So will the $35 show later this month entail a full 3eb set, or a 45 minute short set?  

as far as i know, that's a regular show.

Shadrach

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2003, 04:20:00 am »
Originally posted by flawd101:
  they should have shot him in the legs and post a sign on his chest saying "KKK, kill all the
 n!gg3rs!!!" and left him out on the street. with dolar bills stapled to him. and a beer...
Once again your logical and well thought out response amazes me.

sonickteam2

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2003, 12:35:00 pm »
thats very offensive and you shouldnt post that.

Guiny

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2003, 12:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:

thats very offensive and you shouldnt post that. [/b]
75% of whats posted on here probably offends somebody. But i guess that is getting a little carried away.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2003, 02:09:00 pm »
I hope the cop gave this guy a citation! What an idiot. Last I knew the 930 was a public venue so all public laws apply. I don't have to spend $80,000 a year to figure that one out.

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3