Author Topic: MUSE to tour US in October???  (Read 10552 times)

joz

Re: MUSE to tour US in October???
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 10:00:00 am »
now that i've seen them twice, i listen to the recordings and just imagine that i'm at the live show.  they're really f-ing amazing live; the albums are good but don't do them justice like their performances. i can't wait to see them at an indoor venue...both times i've seen them have been festivals (coachella and curiosa). to see them at the 9:30 would make my year.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by joz:
  both times i've seen them have been festivals (coachella and curiosa)
same here!

joz

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 10:17:00 am »
they were defintely the highlight of coachella, in my opinion...i was blown away by how powerful they were. it made me forget how hot and miserable i was, if only for the 30 minutes they played.  i actually wish they would have been billed higher (they should have been) so they could have played after the sun went down. oh, well...they alone made it worth the cost of admission and airfare.

xcanuck

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 10:23:00 am »
I got their first CD shortly after it came out, based on recommendations from some friends in the UK and I really enjoyed it.

I finally saw them last Thanksgiving at Wembley and was sorely disappointed. I couldn't get over how overly pretentious, dramatic, and self-aggrandizing the band was. I mean, I got over Emerson Lake and Palmer back in the 70s. We don't need anymore musical masturbation.

I'm REALLY hoping that the band puts on a more 'humble' show than they do in the UK. I can't see that kind of a bombastic performance going over with American audiences not familiar with the band.

Don't get me wrong - I'll be in line to see the band and am looking forward to them. I wonder if anyone else who has seen them (esp in Europe) feels the same way....

Arthwys

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2004, 10:08:00 am »
Gonna take another stab at announcing stuff on this board...

Muse's official website has them coming to 9:30 November 8th, and apparently tickets go onsale on sept. 30th!
Emrys

Darth Ed

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2004, 11:11:00 am »
Woo hoo!

sonickteam2

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 09:49:00 am »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  Gonna take another stab at announcing stuff on this board...

Muse's official website has them coming to 9:30 November 8th, and apparently tickets go onsale on sept. 30th!
missed it by one day....  :)

muse announcement

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 03:33:00 pm »
while dumpster diving this weekend at a chain record store, i came across a muse cd that an american group put out years ago.  almost bought it in order to scan it and post the cover, then ask what all the hype was about. imagine what looks like four assistant professors having committed their bar band songs to a cd...
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2004, 03:36:00 pm »
was anyone aware that Muse played Woodstock 99?

i know its random , but when i was looking through some old boxes, i found a program from WS99 and they played there!!! my favourite new band at the time, and i had no idea.....wierd.

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2004, 06:03:00 pm »
One bummer that I thought about regarding this show is that the band is certain to make great use of background tapes, which it seems so many of the UK indie bands do. It would be so much cooler for them to get up there and do a 'power trio' thing (or bite the bullet and add a second guitarist), but they'll be so intent on reproducing the sonic assault of the albums that every note that they actually do play onstage will be pre-determined so that the band can follow along with the tapes. I understand that the songs are a little on the complicated side, but wouldn't it be cooler if they re-interpreted them and made them playable by a trio? That was one of the great things about the Guided by Voices show. All that racket and all those great songs were being produced by the guys on-stage, whilst being on-stage. I've been frustrated by shows by Charlatans, Stereophonics, Travis, Blur, SFA, etc. etc. etc. where I can hear about four guitar parts being played, and yet there's only one guitar player up there.
oword

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2004, 09:05:00 am »
what would be worse, is if we had to hear Guided By Voices songs AND background tapes at once!

yikes. that would not be too cool.

bearman🐻

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »
Just got Absolution...is their other stuff this good? I have to admit on my first listen I think it's pretty impressive. I'll see how it sinks in after a while, but I am enjoying it so far.

malkmess

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2004, 07:16:00 pm »
yes, their other stuff is that good. i personally like origin of symmetry the best, which is the album they released before absolution.

joz

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2004, 10:18:00 am »
just got my tix...whew.  my coachella partner-in-crime was at the morrissey show last night and bumped into another fan of muse, who had also seen them at coachella, in the line to sign up for free tix to the show. already counting the days until then.