Author Topic: Which band do you regret not seeing live?  (Read 15955 times)

walkman

Re: Which band do you regret not seeing live?
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2003, 11:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:

Originally posted by walkman:
  Being a bit on the young side for any serious missage, I think Pavement is the only band I could have seen, but didn't.  Definitely regret that one.

Summer Babe is a fantastic song.I regret seeing them as well,even though i wasn't all that keen on them after Crooked Rain Crooked Rain. [/b]
I have to admit, like all their records, more or less.  But Crooked Rain is in my top 5 of all time.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2003, 11:10:00 pm »
hey i'm a late convert to robbie williams... he has what justin timberlake wishes he had...  attitude, swagger, and good looks apparently.  he also has/had a great songwriting partner who used to be in house of love.  hooks galore  it's a guilty pleasure like spice girls and hair metal singles are.
T.Rex

walkman

« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2003, 11:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  hey i'm a late convert to robbie williams... he has what justin timberlake wishes he had...  attitude, swagger, and good looks apparently.  he also has/had a great songwriting partner who used to be in house of love.  hooks galore  it's a guilty pleasure like spice girls and hair metal singles are.
Robbie Williams?  Hair metal??  Spice Girls???

I think the problem here is that I'm WAY too insecure in my indie deckness to go for a pleasure any more guilty than, I dunno...Depeche Mode or Oasis.

Jaguär

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2003, 11:20:00 pm »

I think the problem here is that I'm WAY too insecure in my indie deckness to go for a pleasure any more guilty than, I dunno...Depeche Mode or Oasis. [/b]
Don't worry. I still don't get the pleasure part of it. He's not even good looking to me.

lily1

« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2003, 11:24:00 pm »
watch it walkie, depeche mode is NOT a guilty pleasure. neither is prince or madonna.

(awaits onslaught of "what shit taste in music you have lily" comments from the bb)

I think the problem here is that I'm WAY too insecure in my indie deckness to go for a pleasure any more guilty than, I dunno...Depeche Mode or Oasis. [/b]

Liberte

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2003, 11:26:00 pm »
  I think the problem here is that I'm WAY too insecure in my indie deckness to go for a pleasure any more guilty than, I dunno...Depeche Mode or Oasis.
Oh, c'mon.  Be the first to reveal the subversive indie vibe in Celine Dion.  Or something.

Jaguär

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2003, 11:28:00 pm »
I like Depeche Mode and I don't care who knows it!

walkman

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2003, 11:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
 watch it walkie, depeche mode is NOT a guilty pleasure. neither is prince or madonna.
 [/b]
hmmmm...might argue that madonna is the definition of guilty pleasure.

but his purpleness and DM are truly great artists...I'm with you there.  Only guilty pleasures in that some of us may have to argue on behalf of our feelings, depending on who's asking...

Barcelona

« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2003, 11:48:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
Moderators, I think this last message is offensive enough to ban this thread. Now seriously, are we talking about guilty pleasures? I just remembered that the first live show I saw was Witney Houston in Barcelona in 1988 (I was 15 years old, she was hot!)

Jaguär

« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2003, 11:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by Barcelona:

Originally posted by Jaguär:
Moderators, I think this last message is offensive enough to ban this thread. Now seriously, are we talking about guilty pleasures? I just remembered that the first live show I saw was Witney Houston in Barcelona in 1988 (I was 15 years old, she was hot!) [/b]
I use to know some guy back in the mid 80s who spent a week with her in her hotel room in Florida doing coke.

brennser

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2003, 01:20:00 am »
did any of you lucky bastards actually ENJOY your nirvana experiences?  
I did - saw em support Sonic Youth literally the week before Nevermind came out - I'd loved Bleach so was well into the gig - I was doing a bit of work for the promoter at the time so I was working on the set up and tear down for the gig - we had these massive speaker stacks with wheels still on the bottom one and it was just held in place with a piece of wood nailed into the floor - I was bricking it the whole night that the speakers would shift and slide off the stage - they were supposed to come back a couple of months later but things started getting weird and the cancelled and the rest is history

Sir HC

« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2003, 10:49:00 am »
Originally posted by Captain Jack:
  Would have like to see Joe Strummer and At The Drive In during their existence. Still regret missing Converge at 9:30 when they opened for hatebreed.
To me they ruled that Hatebreed show.  Blew me away, my ears were shot by the end, but it was worth having Easter dinner early for it.

SPARX

« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2003, 11:37:00 am »
   he also has/had a great songwriting partner who used to be in house of love.  hooks galore  
Now there's a band i hadn't heard in awhile.They are much better than the recognition they get in the states.

vansmack

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2003, 01:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by lily1:
  jeff buckley
 robbie williams
 pixies
 stone roses
 u2 on the joshua tree tour
 rem on the green tour
You're going to hate me lily, but I've seen each of those bands and in the right time frame.

That Tree tour show (LA Sports arena on April 22, 1987) is still my favorite show of all time.  And the Fall outdoor tour with the pretenders is a close 3rd or 4th.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2003, 01:48:00 pm »
  did any of you lucky bastards actually ENJOY your nirvana experiences?
Pearl Jam and Nirvana at the Whiskey in 1991 were mindblowing for me.....
27>34