Author Topic: KEXP DC posse  (Read 1371 times)

Bags

KEXP DC posse
« on: September 02, 2003, 02:12:00 pm »
I think this is very cool, if anything comes of it.  Last night at the 9:30 Club D-Plan show, KEXP had flyers for "independent radio" that supports Beauty Pill and Dismemberment Plan.  I signed up on a list, and got the following email today.  If they do have some cool events in D.C., I may have found my HFS substitute!  (Not that I've listened to HFS for 4 or 5 years, mind you.)

================
 I've added you to my kexpdc group at Yahoo! Groups, a free, easy-to-use email group service.

This group organizes events directly related to and for the Benefit of KEXP, a widely popular public radio station broadcasting from Seattle, Washington, as well as in the United States and around the globe from http://www.kexp.org. If you live in the DC area, and listen to KEXP, join to find out ways you can help support great public radio!

Here's my introductory message for you:
 ---------------------------------------

Howdy!  This is Lauren, one of the founders of the KEXP DC Posse.  I hope you had a blast at the last Plan show, as I know I certainly did.  You have been added to the Posse mailing list because you volunteered your name last night at the 9:30 Club.  THANK YOU!  We need all the help we can get in planning events and fundraisers for KEXP that will occur here in DC.  We're talking shows, BBQs, and many more events.

Thanks again, and read the past posts to get acquainted.  
 Bye!

-Lauren  

P.S.  If you would like to learn more about the kexpdc group, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kexpdc

Re: KEXP DC posse
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 02:53:00 pm »
We walked by the KEXP studio in Seattle on Sunday. Man, there sure aint much glamour to independent radio, based on their studio and its whereabouts.

Jaguär

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 02:56:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  We walked by the KEXP studio in Seattle on Sunday. Man, there sure aint much glamour to independent radio, based on their studio and its whereabouts.
A lot of commercial stations are extremely sparse too. You'd be very surprised with a lot of them. Don't know much about the bigger stations at this time but most that I've seen were almost nothing and sometimes house several different stations in one small building.

The same is sometimes true for some tv stations.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 02:59:00 pm »
I wonder if Paige eats much at the KFC across the street...

Jaguär

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 03:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  I wonder if Paige eats much at the KFC across the street...
LOL. Or Wendy's?