Author Topic: Plumerai  (Read 744 times)

Jaguär

Plumerai
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »
If anyone is looking for some musical fun tonight (Thursday Nov. 17th), I very highly suggest that you go to Staccato's in Adams Morgan to check out Plumerai with The Orderlies.

It's supposedly an early show and starts at about 8:00PM. Don't know who goes on first.

Plumerai are a very cool Indie sort of Shoegaze but not strictly by the book Shoegaze band. I saw them perform at the Walls of Sound Fest in Fredericksburg a couple months ago and was very impressed. To top it off, they were between singers and played without one. Not many bands could pull that off short of those who are purely instrumental in the first place such as Mogwai, DestroyAllDreamers, Mono, Paik, et al.

Since then, they now have a new singer, Elizabeth Ezell, and I heard from a friend of mine that their show last night was very good.

Unfortunately, I can't make the show myself, which I'm pretty sad about. (My boss changed my schedule on me at the last minute yet again!)

If you go and talk to any of the guys (I don't know Elizabeth yet), please tell them Jaguar sent you.  ;)