Author Topic: Marilyn Manson  (Read 2838 times)

jsnow2

Marilyn Manson
« on: September 09, 2003, 12:06:00 pm »
Anyone know when MM tickets are going on sale?

ggw

Re: Marilyn Manson
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 02:06:00 pm »
I'm sure ThatGuy will be thrilled to hear this news.

Marilyn Manson Cleared in Crotch-Rubbing Suit
 Tue Sep 9,10:28 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A federal court jury in St. Paul, Minnesota Monday dismissed a civil suit against shock rocker Marilyn Manson brought by a security guard after Manson rubbed his crotch against the guard's head during a concert nearly three years ago.

The jury agreed with Manson's position that the contact between him and the guard was part of his elaborate stage show and "neither offensive nor harmful," according to a spokeswoman for Manson's label, Interscope/Geffen/A&M.

The U.S. District Court jury deliberated for three days before returning its verdict in the case, which stemmed from a performance in October 2000 at the Orpheum Theater in Minneapolis.

The rocker's touring company, Jimmy's Touring Inc., was also absolved of civil liability.

The security guard, David Diaz, filed a battery suit against Manson in December 2001, seeking $75,000 in damages. Diaz claimed he was subjected to emotional distress, mental anguish and humiliation after the recording star grabbed his head, held his hips against it and gyrated.

Manson commented: "The path to truth is obscured by frivolous lawsuits, but it's lit by the objectivity of a jury that sees the difference between entertainment and assault. I feel completely vindicated and I'd like to thank the jury and judge for their thoughtful verdict."

Manson faced criminal charges of felony fourth-degree criminal sexual misconduct and misdemeanor assault and battery in connection with a similar incident involving another security guard in July 2001.

After the felony was reduced to a misdemeanor, Manson pleaded no contest last June and agreed to pay a $4,000 fine. A Month earlier, the security guard in that case filed his own civil suit, which is still pending.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 02:14:00 pm »
i've had way worse that manson's crotch rubbed against the back of my head while at work.

redsock

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
  i've had way worse that manson's crotch rubbed against the back of my head while at work.
Wow, how do you follow that up?

How does Manson play 930 anyway, I'm not a fan, but it would be a pretty incredible show i imagine.

Sir HC

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 02:33:00 pm »
Will his biggest fan be back from Australia though?  Or should I say the guy who looks just like him in photographs...

markie

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 04:22:00 pm »
hey GGW, have you not seen the lizard mans penis in Thatguys big earlobes?

ggw

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 04:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  hey GGW, have you not seen the lizard mans penis in Thatguys big earlobes?
I don't believe I have had the....um....pleasure.

nonmenthol

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2003, 11:05:00 am »
930 club has put up nothing about an MM show but on his website he did. Only time will tell when we shall get out tickets

jsnow2

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2003, 01:26:00 pm »
i know.  i can't imagine him playing at 930.  that will be simply amazing.  manson is an incredible artist with some interesting visions.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2003, 01:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by jsnow2:
  i know.  i can't imagine him playing at 930.  that will be simply amazing.  manson is an incredible artist with some interesting visions.
there are great medication for such things these days...
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2003, 01:35:00 pm »
[[/qb][/QUOTE]there are great medication for such things these days... [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Hey Chris,where is Mojo located in B/More?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
The Mojo is on Bel Air Road near Moravia.  It's Northeast of downtown.  Easily gotten to via the Beltway or 95.

4825 Belair Rd
 Baltimore, MD 21206
 (410) 325-7427

http://www.mojobalto.com/
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2003, 01:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  The Mojo is on Bel Air Road near Moravia.  It's Northeast of downtown.  Easily gotten to via the Beltway or 95.

4825 Belair Rd
 Baltimore, MD 21206
 (410) 325-7427

http://www.mojobalto.com/
Thanks!

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2003, 03:02:00 pm »
Originally posted by thatguy:
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I do recall Deb from Lords of Acid "sitting" on your head during "I Sit On Acid"

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

bearman🐻

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2003, 03:25:00 pm »
oh man...I loved Lords of Acid when they played in 1998 or whenever it was...the topless dancers, S&M and all that weird crazy stuff was just ridiculous.  I remember they sounded great, though.  I'm talking about pure sex...deep sex...hard sex...rough sex...GO!