Author Topic: White Stripes at GW  (Read 13513 times)

mankie

Re: White Stripes at GW
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2003, 10:03:00 am »
Originally posted by paige:

i know that is how you feel about robbie, mank. don't deny it....   :p

[/b]
Too recent for me...actually, the first time I saw said pillock on telly was back in Ireland a couple of years ago. I honestly thought he was a comedian doing a spiff on teenie-bopper idols, I had no idea we were supposed to take him seriously.... UK's Andrew WK if you like!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2003, 10:07:00 am »
$41 for one White Stripes show... they had better put a freaking great show on.  Ain't it great how ticketbastard now hides the handling fee on the order page and not it include on the page with the "convience" fee.
T.Rex

eip

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2003, 10:19:00 am »
i got tickets on ticketmaster.com.  i didn't have the password, but i typed in elephant and it worked.

BookerT

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2003, 10:23:00 am »
isn't this a general admission show? is it worth the $11 to get these presale tickets when i can just buy them at the club for less? i doubt it will sell out right away, don't you? this is d.c. after all.

markie

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2003, 10:25:00 am »
Well I got an HFS email saying it was bloodcell, which did not work. So I tried candycane and it did work.

Perhaps candycane is a pre-pre-sale.

$78 for 2 tickets..... they better be good.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2003, 10:27:00 am »
since i was off seeing the luray caverns yesterday, i didn't get a chance to weigh in on the white stripes at 9:30 club show.  personally i thought the show at the black cat was much better than the 9:30 show last year.  the 9:30 show felt padded without the rawiness of the seeing them at the black cat.  then again there sometimes the first time you see a band will always be the best time you've seen that band.  the white stripes maybe one of those bands for me.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2003, 10:31:00 am »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  isn't this a general admission show? is it worth the $11 to get these presale tickets when i can just buy them at the club for less? i doubt it will sell out right away, don't you? this is d.c. after all.
normally i would follow this logic... but seeing as the general sale is on a sat and would probably forget they were on sale, i just punted and paid the charges.  and yes there will probably be loads of tickets available, but the show did sellout at the 9:30 club the last time.
T.Rex

TheNomad

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2003, 11:11:00 am »
jadetree is a guy?????  All my time lurking around here, never would've guessed it.

Disturbing, really.

mankie

« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2003, 11:13:00 am »
Well it's your money to do what you all want to do with it, but $78 for two tickets to see those two feckin eejits!   ;)

markie

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2003, 03:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheNomad:
  jadetree is a guy?????
No, he is just a big girl.

markie

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2003, 03:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Well it's your money to do what you all want to do with it, but $78 for two tickets to see those two feckin eejits!    ;)  
ticket prices rarely bother me. Infact I think shows are normally great value compared to say, the cinema or their price in Britain.

The thing that bothers me is the tickets have a face of $30, yet they cost $78. I wish the price on the ticket was the price you paid, I dont like surprises.

I wouldnt pay $40 to see Dave Gahan though, I wouldnt go and see Huey Lewis either, but it would be fun taking the piss out of someone who had.

mankie

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2003, 03:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by markie:

I wouldnt go and see Huey Lewis either, but it would be fun taking the piss out of someone who had.

[/b]
That same bloke whimped out of the Johnny Marr show, it was his ticket we had spare.

markie

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2003, 03:26:00 pm »
Well once you have seen the best, what the point in all the rest?

Oh, back to topic, I got an email from hfs:

WHITE STRIPES PRESALE PASSWORD UPDATE!

In order to purchase your presale tickets for The White Stripes, a password is needed.
 The original password has been updated.

The new password: bloodcells
 Make sure you type the password in all lower case letters.

mankie

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2003, 03:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by markie:
  Well once you have seen the best, what the point in all the rest?

Oh, back to topic, I got an email from hfs:

WHITE STRIPES PRESALE PASSWORD UPDATE!

In order to purchase your presale tickets for The White Stripes, a password is needed.
 The original password has been updated.

The new password: sadfuckingwankers

the password in all lower case letters.

markie

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2003, 03:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

The new password: wanttostrokemypuppies?

the password in all lower case letters. [/qb]
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Ignore Mankie he wont see any act that he is old enough to be their grandad.... So I guess that just leaves the rolling Stones.