Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 67760 times)

SPARX

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2003, 03:14:00 pm »
[[/qb][/QUOTE]It will be late october at the Black Cat [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             Hey,they'll be on dcn.com tonight(8/19) live from Schuba's.

SPARX

« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2003, 07:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:

Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  WOW, BJM, back at the black cat, that sounds like the stuff legends are made of. I hope they can find a worthy band to support them.
Maybe.... The High Strung [/b]
Could be the High Dials,who are a Rainbow Quartz band.One of my favorite labels at the moment.Anton loves them and just convinced them to put something out on his committee to keep music evil label.Lately he has ben doing a got live if you want it series,wouldn't surprise me at all to see him bring them along next time.

jadetree

« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2003, 07:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by SPARX:
   Could be the High Dials,who are a Rainbow Quartz band.One of my favorite labels at the moment.Anton loves them and just convinced them to put something out on his committee to keep music evil label.Lately he has ben doing a got live if you want it series,wouldn't surprise me at all to see him bring them along next time.
according to the High Strung, they will be opening for BJM

SPARX

« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2003, 07:36:00 pm »
[[/qb][/QUOTE]according to the High Strung, they will be opening for BJM [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                            For all east coast shows or just in DC?BC tends to have 3 acts don't they?

jadetree

« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2003, 08:35:00 pm »
                                                                                              For all east coast shows or just in DC?BC tends to have 3 acts don't they?
Sounded like for an entire tour.

SPARX

« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2003, 08:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by Robert Pollard:

For all east coast shows or just in DC?BC tends to have 3 acts don't they?
Sounded like for an entire tour. [/b]
Wow,good for them!!Hope they got it in writing.I'll try to get a confirmation out of Anton when he gets back this w/end.I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned it/them  yet.Thanks for the info!

jadetree

« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2003, 08:49:00 pm »
  Wow,good for them!!Hope they got it in writing.I'll try to get a confirmation out of Anton when he gets back this w/end.I'm surprised he hasn't mentioned it/them  yet.Thanks for the info!
Ok, hope they got their facts straight and he doesn't get pissed or something.  I did witness him telling them how good they were when High Strung opened for them last time at the Velvet Lounge.

markie

« Reply #292 on: August 20, 2003, 12:20:00 am »
Sparx, please dont mention it to Anton. I wouldnt like to think that it would change anything. The high strung were talking about playing in Europe though in the near future. That is with BJM, right?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2003, 11:20:00 am »
Rainbow Quartz does indeed seem to have the golden touch theses day... with Myracle Brah, The Shazam, The Grip Weeds, Cotten Mather, The Fletcher Pratt... Wish I could go to the IPO Liverpool festival for their night.  But alas tis to expensive    :(
T.Rex

SPARX

« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2003, 01:18:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

[/b]
Rainbow Quartz does indeed seem to have the golden touch theses day... with Myracle Brah, The Shazam, The Grip Weeds, Cotten Mather, The Fletcher Pratt... Wish I could go to the IPO Liverpool festival for their night.  But alas tis to expensive     :(  [/QB]
Don't forget,they are also the home of  Outrageous Cherry.

SPARX

« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2003, 01:22:00 pm »
  Sparx, please dont mention it to Anton. I wouldnt like to think that it would change anything. The high strung were talking about playing in Europe though in the near future. That is with BJM, right?
Well,how am I  supposed to find out if you don't wan t me to ask him.Why you wouldn't, I'm not sure.Do you think if someone asks that will make him  give them the boot or something? Just curious.I was gonnna tell him someone's impersonating him too  :p    :confused:

markie

« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2003, 01:28:00 pm »
  Do you think if someone asks that will make him  give them the boot or something?  
DING Ding ding. He does have that kind of reputation, does he not? I really liked the high strung. I wouldnt want to do anything that interferred with their path to success.

As for being an imposter Anton, well I am sure that would give him a laugh.

SPARX

« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2003, 01:31:00 pm »
 [ qb]
DING Ding ding. He does have that kind of reputation, does he not? I really liked the high strung. I wouldnt want to do anything that interferred with their path to success.

As for being an imposter Anton, well I am sure that would give him a laugh. [/QB][/QUOTE]                                                                                             I'll stay mute.As for  him laughing, you don't know him very well then(it's happened elsewhere).I was just kidding though ,we'd miss you.

jadetree

« Reply #298 on: August 21, 2003, 10:00:00 am »
according to the front page elefant is opening for Interpol

ggw

« Reply #299 on: August 21, 2003, 10:30:00 am »
Bob Mould rescheduled his solo acoustic gig to September 6 @ Fletchers