Author Topic: YOUR FIRST CONCERT  (Read 21732 times)

Bombay Chutney

  • Member
  • Posts: 3927
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 09:53:00 am »
12/10/78 WPGC Toys for Tots - Capital Centre  
 
 Dr. Hook, Firefall, Pablo Cruise, and The Atlanta Rhythm Section

bsuss

  • Member
  • Posts: 47
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 10:18:00 am »
First show was Rage at the patriot center in Fairfax VA. I saw a guy loose his pinky toe in the mosh pit.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

  • Member
  • Posts: 3745
    • my blog
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  Dr. Hook, Firefall, Pablo Cruise, and The Atlanta Rhythm Section
hahahahaahahahahaa....
_\|/_

bbbsmith

  • Guest
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2005, 10:24:00 am »
Saratoga Performing Arts Center...I was young (around 8 or 9)...my pops took me to see...Men at Work.

Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2005, 10:31:00 am »
I saw many concerts at SPAC growing up...but not that Men at Work show.
 
 
Quote
Originally posted by bbbsmith:
  Saratoga Performing Arts Center...I was young (around 8 or 9)...my pops took me to see...Men at Work.

Justin Tonation

  • Member
  • Posts: 5119
  • Did you ever wonder?
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 10:35:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  12/10/78 WPGC Toys for Tots - Capital Centre  
 
 Dr. Hook, Firefall, Pablo Cruise, and The Atlanta Rhythm Section
Ha! Mine, too. My sister gave me a ticket for my 15th birthday.
 
 First 9:30: Swimming Pool Q's sometime in the Fall of '84.
😐 🎶

eip

  • Member
  • Posts: 33
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
Loverboy at Merriweather!  I think it was 1981.

Bombay Chutney

  • Member
  • Posts: 3927
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »
Quote
Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:
   
Quote
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  12/10/78 WPGC Toys for Tots - Capital Centre  
 
 Dr. Hook, Firefall, Pablo Cruise, and The Atlanta Rhythm Section
Ha! Mine, too. My sister gave me a ticket for my 15th birthday.[/b]
That's pretty funny.  I don't know of anyone else that would even admit to going to this one, much less it being their first.
 
 
Quote
First 9:30: Swimming Pool Q's sometime in the Fall of '84.
My first 9:30 show was around that same time.  The Church in '84.  Probably in the summer, when I was home from school.

PigIron

  • Member
  • Posts: 496
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2005, 12:28:00 am »
Quiet Riot and Keel.  Maybe 1986 or 1987.  You can't name a greater tour in the history of rock than Quiet Riot and Keel.  Both bands, on one stage.  In an amusement park in northeastern Pennsylvania.  Truly a spectacle.  I don't know what happened Keel.  But damn.  You can't rock harder than Keel and Quiet Riot.

Jesse

  • Member
  • Posts: 300
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2005, 12:40:00 am »
Papa Roach and Hed PE at powerplant in b-more
 
 I was in 8th grade at the time.
 
 don't worry, my taste in music have expanded since then.

Frank Gallagher

  • Member
  • Posts: 4792
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005, 06:33:00 am »
Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel at the Apollo in Manchester...YES! I'm that old.  :D

K8teebug

  • Member
  • Posts: 4120
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
New Kids on the Block....and Dino...god that's awful....but at least I told the truth!

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

  • Member
  • Posts: 3745
    • my blog
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2005, 09:18:00 am »
It's amazing how so many people's first concerts are utter crap!    Taste is definitely something that is developed over time....
_\|/_

Chisai Fry

  • Member
  • Posts: 73
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2005, 09:33:00 am »
Ok, call me cheesy or whatever you want.  I saw Queensryche and Suicidal Tendencies at the Norfolk Scope when I was in the eighth grade.  I still to this day can rock out to "Operation Mindcrime" like there is no other band out there.  It was awesome, and yes, I drooled over Geoff Tate.

Guiny

  • Guest
Re: YOUR FIRST CONCERT
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2005, 09:55:00 am »
Quote
Originally posted by Chisai Fry:
  Ok, call me cheesy or whatever you want.  I saw Queensryche and Suicidal Tendencies at the Norfolk Scope when I was in the eighth grade.  I still to this day can rock out to "Operation Mindcrime" like there is no other band out there.  It was awesome, and yes, I drooled over Geoff Tate.
That's not cheesy. I've seen Suicidal Tendencies and they kicked ass live.