Author Topic: Do you guys think Sonic Youth will sell out today? :)  (Read 8470 times)

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Do you guys think Sonic Youth will sell out today? :)
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 12:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by the sonick:
  it works with hookers.
did you say hooker?

http://lawschoolwhore.blogspot.com/
(o|o)

renton007

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 12:41:00 pm »
This will be my first time seeing them so I'd like to hear the back cataloge, but if Rather Ripped is a good album and they played a set heavy with those tunes I wouldn't be too upset.

Originally posted by walkonby:
  my favorite sonic show at nine thirty was when they released "a thousand leaves" and only played songs from that album.  so many people felt ripped, as if they should be allowed to control what artists do.  

"i paid my money; do what i say."

walkonby

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 12:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by the sonick:

\
it works with hookers. [/b]
expressway to your twat
 goo
 teenage client
 my bull in her heather
 the diamond sea-men

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 12:58:00 pm »
dont they have a song called "blowjob"?

nkotb

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 01:54:00 pm »
Yeah, but they closed with Death Valley.  That should have made EVERYONE happy.  I know econo was losing balls during the encore.

my favorite sonic show at nine thirty was when they released "a thousand leaves" and only played songs from that album.  so many people felt ripped, as if they should be allowed to control what artists do.  

snailhook

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 01:56:00 pm »
word is SY is looking for a DC opener. i'm curious to see how that turns out. BYOP doesn't sound too promising...

Calling the Nashville-based band Be Your Own Pet "sophomoric" isn't actually an insult--these punk rockin', expletive-spewing kid wonders just graduated from their sophomore year of high school, and no member of BYOP is over 17. Bleach-blond lead singer Jemina Pearl will have to fend off the Debbie Harry comparisons with a stick; and guitarist Jonas Stein bashes out the chords like he's amping a crowd at CBGBs circa 1977. With lyrics like "You've got me on a leash / A damn damn leash / And it's hard enough to be myself," look for BYOP to kick-start the new angry teen's rallying cry.

The quartet met at the Nashville School of the Arts. In addition to Abegg, the band members include drummer Jamin Orrall, guitarist Jonas Stein and bassist Nathan Vasquez. As Nashville is a music town, it's not surprising that all four band members have impressive musical pedigrees. Stein's father is Burt Stein, who manages the careers of Ronnie Millsap, Nanci Griffith, and Vince Neil. Vasquez's father is guitarist Raphael Vasquez. Orrall's father is singer-songwriter Robert Ellis Orrall. Jemina Pearl's father is famed rock photographer Jimmy Abegg. The Damn Damn Leash single was released in March.

snailhook

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 02:14:00 pm »
just found out the opener is tall firs, who just played my house on the 14th with my band and little howlin' wolf. they're a new signing to ecstatic peace and have that will oldham/anomoanon/byrds sound...dark, jangly, drony folk/psych/rock. nothing mindblowing, but really solid.

bearman🐻

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2006, 02:47:00 pm »
Sorry, but that show for 1,000 Leaves DID suck. It's not a strong album, and when you play basically the whole thing and then one "oldie", it's bound to set people up for disappointment. My favorite Sonic Youth show was when I saw them in Rome. THey did a bunch of stuff from Murray Street, which IS a good album (and I didn't even know the songs), plus stuff like "Candle", "Bull in the Heather", and "Silver Rocket".

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 03:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by bearman:
  Sorry, but that show for 1,000 Leaves DID suck. It's not a strong album, and when you play basically the whole thing and then one "oldie", it's bound to set people up for disappointment. My favorite Sonic Youth show was when I saw them in Rome. THey did a bunch of stuff from Murray Street, which IS a good album (and I didn't even know the songs), plus stuff like "Candle", "Bull in the Heather", and "Silver Rocket".
what?  1,000 Leaves kicks face.  sorry.

ggw

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2006, 03:38:00 pm »
The Philly show is sold out.  I don't know how long it's been on sale, nor how many people the Starlight Ballroom holds.

twangirl

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 05:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by snailhook:
  just found out the opener is tall firs,
FYI, their agent sez just Sonic Youth w/ Be Your Own Pet,
 tall firs will be on the CBs show but not DC.

thingsfallapart

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 08:19:00 pm »

Originally posted by thingsfallapart:
  I'd love to go to this show, but I'll be driving down to Bonnaroo that day.  Guess I'll just have to wait an extra day to get my SY fill...
will you be checking out the oysterhead reunion?  i'm very upset i won't be a witness to that. [/b]
Depends of who else is playing then.  It's not really that high up on my priority list.

bfraim

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 12:16:00 am »
Kudos to the band for charging only $25 for their tour.  I think they couold command more. Also, I'm much more likely to see them at 9:30 rather than the Nation, which they played several years ago...

walkonby

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 02:05:00 pm »
a hell of a sonick tooth show was when they opened for wilco at dar.  dar rules.  yeah baby.

ggw

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 02:31:00 pm »
  a hell of a sonick tooth show was when they opened for wilco at dar.  dar rules.  yeah baby.
Are you being facetious?

I think that was my least favorite SY show as well as my least favorite Wilco show.