Author Topic: Dropping Like Flies  (Read 2547845 times)

WALKonBack

Re: Dropping Like Flies
« Reply #7680 on: February 01, 2021, 06:42:23 pm »
Nothing says the world of entertainment more than when a famous person who is so hated viciously as he was dies and then everybody is sad.

hutch

« Reply #7681 on: February 01, 2021, 07:55:38 pm »
I didn’t hate him? Who hated him!?

He played a total dork on Saved by the bell...that’s about it

WALKonBack

« Reply #7682 on: February 02, 2021, 11:08:45 am »
Let's see. He was the only person who was not invited back to star in the reboot for starters. He was considered a washed up hack that no one wanted anything to do with. Before his death people who worked with him didn't even want to talk about him and claimed to never speaking to him in years. Hey was considered a joke. But now that he has died all of those same people feel that he was a beloved person and will sadly miss him.   But hey I get it who's going to call a person who just died of cancer a loser asshole.  I just find it . . . fascinating.

hutch

« Reply #7683 on: February 02, 2021, 11:31:49 am »
Welllllllll I had no idea

I just figured he wasn’t interested in the reboot

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7684 on: February 02, 2021, 11:41:19 am »
Hal Holbrook at 95

Ricky Powell, Celebrated Hip-Hop Photographer and ‘Fourth Beastie Boy,’ Dead at 59

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/ricky-powell-photographer-beastie-boys-obit-tributes-1122319/
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #7685 on: February 02, 2021, 12:24:09 pm »
Let's see. He was the only person who was not invited back to star in the reboot for starters. He was considered a washed up hack that no one wanted anything to do with. Before his death people who worked with him didn't even want to talk about him and claimed to never speaking to him in years. Hey was considered a joke. But now that he has died all of those same people feel that he was a beloved person and will sadly miss him.   But hey I get it who's going to call a person who just died of cancer a loser asshole.  I just find it . . . fascinating.

I read that when the show was on, he was actually considerably younger than the other actors, so the others didn't really want to hang with him. Then, years later, he wrote a tell all book that dissed the others, and that's why they didn't want anything to do with him.

I have not read the book.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7686 on: February 02, 2021, 01:10:38 pm »
Hal Holbrook at 95

Another one the kids won’t know.

Space Freely

« Reply #7687 on: February 02, 2021, 01:16:45 pm »
Hal Holbrook at 95

Another one the kids won’t know.

He pretty much stole the show in Into the Wild.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7688 on: February 02, 2021, 01:33:50 pm »
I just figured he wasn’t interested in the reboot
It's Dustin Diamond, celebrity boxer -- there is no project that paid him $$ that he wasn't going to be interested in.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7689 on: February 02, 2021, 02:05:45 pm »

Wasn't Lisa Turtle a manic lunatic?

Space Freely

« Reply #7690 on: February 02, 2021, 02:42:46 pm »

Voorhies has schizoaffective disorder.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7691 on: February 02, 2021, 02:46:54 pm »

Like, officially? Interesting. Did they ever figure out what was wrong with his mother?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7692 on: February 02, 2021, 02:54:36 pm »

Yeah... She won't be coming back to the remake

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7693 on: February 02, 2021, 03:01:16 pm »
Yeah... She won't be coming back to the remake

That makes her the only sane one.

Space Freely

« Reply #7694 on: February 02, 2021, 03:11:08 pm »

Like, officially? Interesting. Did they ever figure out what was wrong with his mother?

Whose mother? I got this from Wiki, I don't know anything about it personally.

And this, from the Daily Mail.

Saved By The Bell's Lark Voorhies says a cameo on the show's reboot helped with her schizoaffective disorder.
Diagnosed with the condition, which is a combination of schizophrenia and a mood disorder, Voorhies got candid about the 'many competing voices' in her head on a February Dr. Oz appearance.
Returning to the talk show on Thursday to speak on her progress, the 46-year-old actress who first rose to fame as Lisa Marie Turtle on SBTB in the nineties, credited her Oz appearance with helping her land the revival role.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9068903/Saved-Bell-Lark-Voorhies-says-reboot-helped-schizoaffective-disorder.html