Author Topic: Worst Band Ever?  (Read 36134 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Worst Band Ever?
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2007, 05:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian_Walalce:
 *snip*

HOWEVER, bands like Panic At the Disco! and Fall Out Boy (you know, bands that actually sell records in 2007 and are popular with truly young music fans) honestly couldn't care less who John Lennon or Bob Dylan were. This is one of the most fantastic things ever. Finally a generation of rock bands that don't have to slurp all those who came before them. Clear-cutting the woods, so to speak. I can't wait for all the new music that is produced by people who don't feel like they have to say "Revolver," "OK Computer," or "London Calling" is their favorite record EVER!

Brian [/QB]
you may be absolutely right about their popularity, but PATD obviously knew (or most likely liked) the smiths. hell their name comes from the song "Panic".

After recruiting Brent Wilson on bass and Brendon Urie on vocals and guitar, the band settled on the name 'Panic! at the Disco.' The band has stated, on their DVD and in interviews, that the name "Panic! at the Disco" comes from the song "Panic" by The Smiths, which includes the line "burn down the disco,"

And check out the bands they do covers of. I fear you might be mistaken with how all these new bands couldnt care less about Lennon and the others before them. If so, they certainly wouldnt be playing their covers.

Panic! at the Disco performed covers of "Killer Queen" by Queen, and "Eleanor Rigby" by The Beatles
HeyLa

Frank Gallagher

Re: Worst Band Ever?
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2007, 07:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Mobius:

[/b]
Would you even categorize White Stripes as a band? It's a bloke on a guitar, some bird clanging out on a set of drums and taped backing tracks.......no? One step up from Karaoka if you ask me.
  [/QB]
If you don't feel the need to see them, track down the White Stripes Peel Sessions from 2001.  Its a band, and its certainly not karaoke.  Its just the parameters are narrowed. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thank you - and thank you for noticing I was merely asking a question rather than making a statement, and thank you for not going off on a personal attack about 'you don't know shit about music you old git, you shouldn't even be allowed on here making posts' even though I probably know more about music than the moron who made the comment on another thread, but just happen to have different tastes in music.

I asked my question after reading a comment that Pete Townsend made in a magazine about White Stripes. I happen to like a couple of their songs, 7 Nation Army comes to mind.